Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

... recapturing my...


I was going to say...youth, because planners take me right back to that happy period in my life, my teen years, when I had very little to organise and all day to organise it. Now that I've got a billion things to manage, Ms Organisation and I have become mere aquaintances - we nod at each other when we pass in the hall, but I don't see her socially any more...

Hopefully that's all about to change as I have been bitten but the planner bug. I swore off this for ages, not because I didn't want to do it, but because, frankly I didn't know where to start.

It seemed like late last year there was some kind of explosion in a planner factory and these things started landing all around me, I dodged them to begin with - so many brands, Filofax, Erin Condren, Happy, Kikki.K, Kate Spade, I had no idea where to look first and then a pal suggested Paperchase, I bought one from there and I love it, but I don't have it all gussied up yet.... I'm even writing it in pencil 'til I find a cute pen or two... you will see it at a later date.

I love planners, I always have, I still have my first filofax, it was a small compact size and I loved it, I used it through my A level exams and I did ok ;) Maybe this will work for me again.. we will see.

Anyhow, excitedly, I was handed this today - I know all you planner peeps will know what it is and I am a little excited to see how it will compare to the traditional UK Filofax/Paperchase kind of layout. I have admired these from afar, and I don't think they are too common this side of the pond, so I'm keen to try this system out also. What can I say, one for work and one for home? Will that wash with you or am I just being greedy? :)



4 comments:

  1. I feel like Goldilocks (except for the whole breaking and entering thing lol) looking for just the right one. Until then, I'm using a 25 cent notebook lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the dark/planner side! Enjoy your EC; I got a Happy Planner from MAMBI and I love it. It is an arc system but no issues yet. Hope you come up with some planner stamps because I love your style.
    Linda in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! You might be on slippery ground there Claire. I still have a Christmas organiser project in bits and pieces from a couple of years ago, (I drool over them on Pinterest) so I'm keen to see what you do with your organiser.
    I have been avoiding 'smash' journals myself - I really like creating 12 x 12 scrapbook pages. Even though these journals would be super quick and look great I'll probably give in eventually, especially when we get Stateside and see all the fabby craft stuff. Still you might be inspired enough to create some really cool stamps to go with an organiser/journal huh? Let's hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have me hooked! Please share the lovely details. I have been making due with a monthly calendar spread with nice sized boxes for each day but will three children going in three different directions, it's hard to keep all of us straight. I am a sucker for planners but have yet to find the right one. I often think that I am organizing junkie so planners appeal to me. Don't know if they will keep me from the mad chaos of daily life but I will enjoy the organizing aspect to a planner:-) Can't wait to see what you share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!