Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

...January New Release Blog Hop- Day 2


Good morning/afternoon folks! Welcome to the second day of hops with the Gina K design team for our January release stamp sets! 

My apologies to anyone who tuned in yesterday expecting to see my day one post, due to unforseen electrical issues I was not able to get up and running yesterday. Many, many bad words were spoken, and with feeling, but hopefully today's post will make it...

Today we are featuring sets from Theresa, Lisa and myself! Be sure to comment on each of the blogs as you hop because we will be going away THREE $25 gift certificates to Gina K. Designs, one gift certificate each day!  Comment for more chances to win! Check StampTV Big News Forum a few days after the hops conclude where the winners will be announced. 

OK first up is the new set by Theresa, its called Framescapes, Enchanted Forest and it's a delightfully whimsical scene builder:

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=3074&categoryId=16

I love how, as well as the large frame scene satmp it's also possible to create litle tiny mini scenes and I have concentrated on those for my samples:

 I adore this mushroom stamp and had to create a little scene around it! I isolated the tiny scene on my card by dry embossing a decorative frame around it and sponging, with the die still in place, to create a focal place for my scene on the card front. I coloured with copics and added some white dots with paint. y fairy and her butterfly friend are playing hide and seek and they are stamped in Dark Chocolate ink.


My next bunch of samples show the 3 fairies from the set in their own little scenes, these are just delightful for tags and other tiny items! Much sponging, and then stamping with Gina K inks, which work beautifully on these solid stamps, I love the coverage.




The next set up today is You Are, by Lisa Hetrick, our newest designer!

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=3075&categoryId=16

I could not get away from that beautiful wreath image for all my samples for this set:


Since I am always thinking Christmas, the first thing I envisaged with this set was a Christmas Wreath and thankfully Lisa had included the word 'Joy' as part of a sentiment on the set, perfect! I just masked off that one word and made it my focal sentiment. I stamped the wreath twice and added various bits and bobs with the accessory stamps until I was happy! Finished with a couple of dabs of that fabby new goo - Crystalline drops, new by Gina K! LOVE that stuff.


Took the opportunity to ink up only part of the wreath for my inside panel.


Playing with that wreath again, this time in more harvest-y colours - I thought  I might accent the sentiment with a copic marker this time, I quite like this effect! Also thought it'd be fun to do a little piercing actually on the wreath stamp, I love how this turned out.


This one might be my favourite though! I stamped all my images with pure lemon juice and then used my heat tool to make them come alive as scorch marks, then I went back in with a fine liner in brown and sort of doodled the outlines of the stamps - this is a great way to add your own style to any given stamp, you really should try this, you can't go wrong!



I added a few extra details free-hand, I so enjoyed it that I went ahead and made an inside panel as well!

Last up, it's my set - Geo Thanks!

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=3073&categoryId=16


I've been after a nice geomentric all-purpose set for a while now! So many  options for this set and I'm just scratching the surface with my samples today, but now that my computer is playing nice again, I'll be able to upload a few more soon! Right, I'm off, I'm itching to see what everyone else has made of Geo thanks!! LOL! Sure hope these tickle!


Just before I go, here are the links for today's hop! Enjoy!

68 comments:

  1. Love your Geo Thanks set - it was really fun to work with! Love your creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hearts in your new set - so many possibilities. Your cards are all lovely. I really like the little scenes you've created on the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovey, sets. I can’t wait to play with these.
    Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So many gorgeous cards. The stamp sets are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful samples! I am so glad that your power issues were resolved so that you could share with us. I really love your coloring and free style with these. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just when ones thinks what could be new, there you are making it new again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered the Geo set and I can't wait to get creating. You're cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the piercing and doodling on your wreaths so much! And your new set is so fun and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the inspiration! Your new set looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness !! You’ve been greatly inspired !! All your creations are absolutely lovely ! And the set you’ve designed is so cool , very original !! Awesome job !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all. My favorite is the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those tags. The Enchanted Forest set has beautiful images and wonderful sentiments. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards with wonderful color choices. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry for the electrical issues you are having. Technology can be such a bummer sometimes. Glad you were able to post today. Beautiful cards. I love the versatility everyone shows with the different sets. Love the feather card. thanks for sharing your creativity
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the designs you have made with these new stamp sets. And, I am also loving the set you illustrated. I had to order that one. Thanks for sharing all your talents again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. Great release.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm always taken away with color. Love your orange and soft gold colors. The wreath card with the hearts is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet cards and tags - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love your work. You are so creative. Love your new set as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many variations for the stamps! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many variations for the stamps! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing! Diana O

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great inspiration pieces Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness! Lemon juice? Love that!!! Those gift cards are just darling, too! Love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful cards and tags. I really like the wreath cards.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute little tags! Clever way to use the fairy! Gorgeous wreath cards, especially the one in the “harvest” colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your Geo set. So cute. Your other cards were adorable. I am really loving the wreath set and your fairy card and tags are great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are an incredible designer and what you come up with one your sets are done is amazing. Many thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your cards and tags are terrific. thanks for showing how you inked up only part of the stamp for the inside. Great idea - thanks for sharing. GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely cards, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think the pure lemon juice samples are my favorite too. It's something with that color.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These stamps sets are amazing! Love all your projects and feel linspired! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty card. I like this stamp set it's versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a great stamp set. So many different ways to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your projects and your stamp sets are amazing. I’m so happy you’re part of the GinaK family!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards and tags and your geo designs on your new set are so very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such gorgeousness!! Love the fairy tags especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your cards and tags! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What beautiful cards with so many different ways to use these.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Incredible work! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your Geo Thanks stamps and cards are amazing! All you cards are full of creativity! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the geometric set and all of your cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love all your creations and I love the idea of the Lemon Juice technique! I will give that one a try! <3 Thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful cards! Fabulous release!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love that orange red and white color combo. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Claire, love the Geo Thanks stamp set! Your cards are beautiful, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Loved your examples of the You Are set. The Geo Thanks set has so many possibilities, love the feather. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your cards are fabulous!!! I love the wreaths you made.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the mushroom one and the gold You!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such a fun set you have designed Claire, & with
    unlimited possibilities! I love it! Your work is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  52. A great idea for the wreath using the joy stamp alone.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your stamp set is fabulous and I love the cards you have created!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. All of you are so talented - I love your new stamp set! And so many fantastic creations that you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful inspiration, I absolutely love your super versatile new set!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the use of colors other than black on your cool tags! And, of course, your geo set and the cards you made with it are rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a fun set! Congratulations and beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the stamp set you designed! GeoThanks is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love your coloring! You've done an incredible job with these sets!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wonderful cards and tags. Love the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thanks for designing the geo set. Love all your cards. Love, Love, love the tags.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Such awesome sets and such pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!