Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

...Make Your Holiday Shine with Foil-Mates™


Good morning folks and welcome to our Holiday blog hop - today the girls at Gina K designs are showing you how to make your Holidays shine with Foil-Mates™

My post is a little pic heavy so I'm keeping the ramble to a minimum, but the products I used are listed below and you can scoop them all from HERE at the Gina K. Designs store:

 Holiday Flora Foil Mates
Tag Tidings Foil Mates
Onamental Holiday Foil Mates
Festive Labels Foil Mates
Radiant red Foil
Glittering Green Foil
Decorative Tag Die Set
Decorative Label Die Set

I adore how everything co-ordinates, it makes it soooo super easy to create pretty things so quickly! My card above features one of the larger label designs from the Festive Labels Foil Mates

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B293ADDDAA0F61DF4777A7A64FA39A4A.p3plqscsfapp005?productId=3017&categoryId=307



I foiled it in that glorious red shade before layering it onto two different backgrounds that I made with the Ornamental Holiday and Holiday Flora Foil Mates. I used plain black card for matting and filled in around the outer area of the label with a black marker to make my large label co-ordinate with the black mats. It was super simple, but very effective!



I created a little Holiday packaging for my next project and I wanted to show you a neat way to incorporate those pretty foils into other areas using double sided tape. The pics are pretty self explanatory, but basically I used strong double sided tape to add to co-ordinating striped to my plain red tin. I picked up the stripe design from the background tag that I had foiled with the ornamental holiday candy stripe Foil Mate sheet. Here's a series of pics to show you how:


Start with a plain tin, or box.


Add your design with double sided tape.

 Peel off the top of the tape.


layer the foil onto the sticky tape, colour side up. Smooth it well.


Peel off the foil to reveal your foiled design - I went for a tone on tone look with red on red.



Add your tag. you're done! Custom packaging.


I die cut the tags with the gorgeous Decorative tag die set, I'm loving the tags in this set. The label sentiment is from Tag Tidings and was foiled with the Radiant Red foil. I sure hope you like what I did with the foils, they are super easy to work with!

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B293ADDDAA0F61DF4777A7A64FA39A4A.p3plqscsfapp005?productId=3016&categoryId=307


Now just in case you haven't been everywhere else already here's the hop list - enjoy all of the other samples from the DT:


Gina K.
Cathy Tidwell
Donna Idlet
Juliana Michaels
Karen Hightower
Laurie Schmidlin
Melanie Muenchinger 
Rema DeLeeuw
Sheri Gilson
Silke Ledlow
Susie Moore
Theresa Momber
Claire Brennan (You are here)

It's worth leaving a comment everywhere you hop - I hear Gina K. Designs will be giving away a $25.00 gift certificate and the winner will be posted in the Big News Forum a few days after the hop!!

Thanks for popping in!

69 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! Love the tin with the foil! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty, but the card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are working with Gina K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea! Love the tags and the foiled stripes on the tin! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing how to add the foil to a regular tin. I may give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The foiled tin is fantastic! My mind is buzzing with things I can stripe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool. Thanks for sharing with us and inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely complement to a plain container. Thanks for showing us yet another way to use the foil.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, using the double sided tape with foils!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful packaging and great instructions on how to do it. Your tag is absolutely beautiful. I have some plain tins that would look beautiful decorated like this. I usually fill them with goodies and gave them as gifts. Thanks for the great tutorial. I am going to have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire, I love your idea of using the foil to decorate the tin. This opens up a whole new way of decorating just about anything. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, Beautiful projects. Love the red and green foiled card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never had thought to use the foil on the tin. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so sharp but that first card with the candy cane foiled border is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful foiling project. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. How great is it to use the foil on your gift box!! The tag is lovely and together a real knock out!! Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no idea you could use it with double sided tape. I just love your gift box. And that is something that could be reused by the recipient. How creative! These foils are gorgeous and I'm itching to get mine out and play!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your tip for using the double sided tape! That made a super looking package. great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so very inspired after seeing all these wonderful ideas of yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work! I love your "do it yourself" stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card and your gift project! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would never have thought to use foil to decorate an existing box or tin. What a great idea that is. Great projects thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow love your great holiday projects - they are all so inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Festive projects. I like how you added foiling to the tin.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the tin and tag project.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now that is a pretty way to dress up a plain tin. I love the subtle sparkle of the red on the red tin. Your double red tags are the perfect topper for it. The red and green on the card is so festive. A great way to send holiday greetings.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the tutorial you did for us all. Your card and package are beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration and sharing with us all. Happy holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the red stripes with the green flowers. Thanks for the great tutorial on using the foil without a laminator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the red tin. Didn't know you could foil on it thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the box. Great idea. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the tone on tone. Great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your wrapping paper! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your wrapping paper! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful projects! Love what you did with the package - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow your the card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I over the box! So pretty and it looks expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your card with awesome foiling my friend it's so bright and cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a cute idea to dress up tins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fabulous photos showing us all how to be the creator you are! wonderful ideas to get our own juices flowing

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great work...I never would have thought to embellish 2 sided tape with foil 😘

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your creations are lovely. Thank you for inspiring me to work with foils again.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Claire,
    Your card and tag display is simple yet so elegant. I really like how you used an everyday household item, a tin box, to created such a festive gift. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Tons of Crafty Fun!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the idea for foiling on the wrapping paper. I didn't know you could do that with this foil. I will definitely be trying that. Thanks for the inspiration and the beautiful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for tip of using double side tape. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the layers in your card and the red tone on tone, thanks for showing us how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love all these. Had so much fun foiling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love your packaging idea, so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow--how elegant! Love both your card and tag as well as the tip on foiling your packaging! Thanks so much for sharing! (Peg Z.)

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are great creations !! I love the tone-on-tone on your gift wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love what you did with the tin! I didn't know you could do that with the foil. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gorgeous! Love the foil mates line!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for the tutorial for the addition of foil on the tin. Love that quick, effective addition! Your card is lovely, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow! Love this technique! Beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  56. great projects and thank for sharing how you made the tone on tone design on your box - very neat idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great card! I love how you used tape to foil stripes onto your tin. It looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  58. What a brilliant idea....thank you for sharing it. I've got to research this foil more thoroughly. Need to add it to my craft stash soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!