Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

...December release previews - it's tomorrow!


Evening folks, how are you? I'm putting up Christmas lights and really starting to get in the Christmas groove, you? I have these handy little tags today to show you -  today the DT and I are previewing the two new sets due for release tomorrow.

Tomorrow you will be able to see the sets in their entirety and they will be available on the store, but before I get into details, here are the DT ladies:
and very possibly also  here on the DT blog!
For my samples today I have made up a bunch of gift tags with the Vintage Postcards set - I remember saying somewhere that this was not a Christmas release...and it isn't.... these sets are really meant to be year round sets, but it's just that I'm finding the Vintage Postcard set so handy for last minute Christmas prep.

Ok, if you are anything like me, you've been pinning Vintage images for ages, but you never use them, right? There is a plethora of Vintage imagery available on the web and I found these goodies on pinterest the other day, it's a set of Santa themed postcard images and they come from Jodie Lee's blog right here in this post. - and what better way to make use of them thank to make them back into postcards!! Dinky little postcards for attaching to presents!

There is a set of cutting files to go with the Vintage postcards that will be free on the store tomorrow when the sets go live. In that digital set is a bunch of postcard shapes at standard postcard size, but also ATC size versions. I cut a bunch of the ATC size wavy edge cards out on my Silhouette and then went to town stamping the mini postcard backs onto them. The mini postcards stamp is a one-piece stamp, perfectly sized for ATC cards and you could even squeeze it onto a large tag or a gift card.
I dressed up the front with the images that I'd spotted on Pinterest. I cut the images a little smaller than my postcards to get that little frame effect like you see on some old postcards.

Turns out mini postcards are just the perfect thing for gift tags - we could make these up for any holiday or event! Hope it tickles

4 comments:

  1. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have stacks of old Christmas cards just crying out to become recycled postcards - I'm lovin it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these vintage postcards - absolutely super. Really looking forward to tomorrow :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage postcards!! Thanksgiving and Christmas is making my head spin this year!!,working on 60th Anniversary Party for my parents....geesh!! Love the cabbage roses set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea for quick tags! I'm so looking forward to playing with these stamps soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!