Pages

Saturday 4 June 2011

... June SOAP Day 4 Rewind to Free Spirit Boy

Good morning! I hope you have been enjoying our SOAP event where we provide fresh inspiration for the sets we recently released! Today we are rewinding even further back and taking another peep at an older set - Free Spirit Boy - I will be back with my sample a little later, it has been a most challenging week, due to circumstances outside of WMS and so I am not quite ready on time, but I'll be back later on with my project and the winner of my little comp! If you haven't entered there's just time - I 'll close it around lunchtime (my time) see here.



I was very pleased with myself when I designed this set for the April 2010 release - I hadn't seen anything like it at the time and I suppose I thought I was bringing something fresh to the awkward 'teen' to twenty masculine age group. I was especially pleased with the tribal tattoo images, i felt they were quite edgy and I'm delighted to say that just over a year on, they still are!

Masculine cards can be one of the most daunting subjects for cardmakers and so this morning it will be fascinating to see what the DT gals have done with Free Spirit Boy:























CASE Comp


Now it’s time for you to get your craftiness on as we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

Find a card or project from any of the projects posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamp images, and link it using the Inlinkz here on this blog post. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.

We hope you will enjoy this competition and that it will inspire your creativity. You have one week to complete and link your project as the competition will close on June 10th at 8:00 AM my time, which is 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time. The winner will be announced on My blog on June 11th.





11 comments:

  1. What this is also a nice set of boys stamps. Something different.
    Go back nice blog hopping.

    Nice weekend.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was one of the first sets I bought, because it was so different for boys, and it has served me well at all ages. What I need now it teen and tween girls, any hope there?

    Hope life gets back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 've Visited with everyone and what they have a nice cards / creations made with this new stamp set of boys. Very successful.
    Get off the week once looking at my leisure, which I think really the most fun and go places. It is difficult, because there are so many lovely middle.

    Was very nice to be with you come blog hopping and inspiration. Thanks for it.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a FUN boys' set. Never realise there's so many possibilities. Great hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing creations by all the DT - soooo much inspiration. Thanks for highlighting this set (off to get inky!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oeh, yes! I looove this set! Just ordered it in my last order and I already feel sorry I didn't put the sentiments in the basket as well, hi hi, these images are amazing!!! I hope to CASE a card for the competition, saw one with Anya I would really like to use!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun set!! I just recently bought it and I looove it!! I had so much fun CASEing Anya's card, love that big stamp!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding CASE Comp: Can you do your level best with other WMS or do they need to be from the May WMS release only?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that I was just in time. It was so hard to create a map or to choose from. The Design team had so many nice cards and creations, but in the end I finally have succeeded.
    Liked it a lot here to participate.

    Greetings Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Jen I never thought to ask that question? What was the answer, cuz I created my CASE with my very first WMS stamps. They are my 'GO TO...when nothing else fits the challenge!!!! hOpe the answer to your ? is YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant SOAP show!!! Had fun visiting all your blogs and this CASE competition is great fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!