Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

...June SOAP Day 3


 Morning!!!
How was your Thursday? Did you leave me a comment on yesterday's post - if you didn't you're missing out on a chance of free goodies!

We have more fabby samples to show you today, in case you are new here, we are reviewing the new May releases! Just before I get to the DT ladies, here's a little info on the card.

Yesterday I was asked about heat embossing on vellum - so I did it again for today - it's super easy, the only thing to remember is to keep the heat tool moving, but to be honest I have not found vellm any easier to burn than card - the stuff I use is PTI Vellum so it's top quality stuff, a thinner vellum might throw up a problem, but so far I've had no trouble.

I made a little wrap for a bunch of flowers - I stamped a half doily image from the smaller Doily set and heat embossed with clear powder - trimmed it out with a Spellbinders scallop circle (LG) die template and taped the edges together, with a decent overlap to get the size of wrap I wanted to suit the wee bunch of pre-made flowers that one of my DT ladies sent me - with the instructions to 'use more flowers'...lol!!



The rest of the card is easy - gingham background in a ginger colour to pick up the little ribbon bow - a little sponging, and a pale half doily image on the cream card immediately under the bunch of flowers.

The sentiment, made up from Say it Loud was just perfect. Easy. Peasy. Lemon. Squeezy. - you could do this in 10 mins flat.

Now let's see what else we can do today :
















23 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is that? The more I see of the Gingham backgrounds the more I need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! Thanks for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is so pretty...I love gingham! :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with a bouquet of flowers so. Beautiful color combination. Just super.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the gingham background and the vellum wrap. Really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Claire...I love my gingham stamps :D

    I'm off on holiday tomorrow hopefully i get wifi lol so i can keep up with the fabby creations from yourself and the team!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,this card is so striking! The shading is so skillfully done that the image looks like a photograph. Incredible! The cone is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super idea with the floral bunch - the whole card is smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm rubbish at embossing on card - it always curls, so have never tried vellum but I love the look so much I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for tips :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card - adding a 'bouquet' to a card is such a lovely idea. Thanks for showing how to do this, must try that embossing/vellum idea. So glad I have the gingham and doily sets. Waiting for July .......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fab! Love the ginger color. What a coincidence! I placed an order just yesterday for all of the sets that you featured today. Can't wait until they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the 'quirky' angle on this card Claire - really adds to the design. Might have to try this. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, what a beauty! I never thought of embossing on vellum before but now that I've seen it I guess I have to try it...wish me luck, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little flower cone Claire! love the sponging on this and the offset gingham bg stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Claire. This is amazing. You achieved so much dimension on your focal image and background that I thought it was a photograph with your flower funnel on top. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, Claire! I love that bouquet and the vellum wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brava! Just stunning. Must say that gingham looks as if it is aligned to perfection which I wouldn't imagine to be possible with many other strip stamps from non WMS companies despite claims. So hats off to you for creating yet another usable fully functioning bit of crafting genius. The colours used are so fab. So warm and inviting. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My wish list is growing. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! GORgeous card! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card! Amazing, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful card Claire....more, more, more......and more flowers if you have them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is absolutely amazing, Claire. i'd love to see an upclose look on those home-made flowers. but the bunch and the lil bag just perfect. love the colors and distressing - so sweet and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!