Pages

Friday 11 December 2009

...questions?

ED - see what Anya's made!!!

Could the lady who enquired about svg files for Warty witch box please pop me an email at:

claire.brennan1@ntlworld.com

many thanks!

In fact while we're on the subject, could some-one who is in the know please contact me regarding saving files for cricut. I am looking into saving all my free templates as cricut compatible files in the new year!!! Many thanks in advance!!

I also aim to have the free templates available at my store, I hear some folks are still having bother liberating the files from SCS!!

3 comments:

  1. Claire, the SVG files will work with the Cricut, as long as you use the Sure cuts a lot software. I have seen tutorials on youtube about it. Other than that, I don't think you can just use the templates on Cricut with one easy step, since it's supposed to be cartridge-based. I sure wish there's an easier way because the software mentioned above is pretty expensive. If you find out another way, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! Like Nina mentioned, you need the Sure Cuts A Lot software to be able to use a SVG file with the Cricut. I have it and I love it. The software is about $75, but I figure that's about the cost of a couple of cartridges, so I'm saving a ton of money in the long run!!

    This software isn't for creating SVG files though, just for using them in the Cricut. To create SVG files you can use Adobe Illustrator, or there's a free on called inkscape.

    Hope that helps...
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Jami mentioned, SVGs are pretty easy to make using AI or Inkscape. Then you can simply import into SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) to cut using your cricut.
    Don't hesitate to ask if you need further info. I'm happy to help

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!