Pages

Saturday 28 May 2016

... Were you at the party, did you see the new stuff?


So did you go to the Stamp TV forums last night to see all the new sets at Gina K's? This was one of the cards I posted at the party - it got a little crazy and I was having trouble keeping up with all the posts, but it was so exciting to be a part of the release! Big news for me was that five former WMS sets re-released at Gina K's last night, have you seen them?

If you have not already seen the new releases, you can pop over here to Gina K Store and see all the new goodies in one go.

Also there are blog hops planned, so stay tuned, I have LOADS to show you from this release!


One of the sets revealed was Fill it with Flowers by Melanie Muenchinger, and I used it for this card - I literally filled the large cup image with a flower, lol. I love to try and find unexpected ways to use stamps and I cannot tell yo how good it feels to be creating again!

It was a simple job to make a reverse mask for the mug image but cutting the mug OUT of a sheet of paper and setting the hole over the stamped image. I just stamped the flower within - couple of how-to pics here.


You get the finished, decorated mug.


Next thing was to make a mask of the mug and taggy shapes, I use post it notes. Easy to cut and stick themselves down.


Then I did a little sponging because I never got around to buying air canisters for my copic airgun...


Et voilĂ  - a nice background to highlight the white mug. All that was left was to punch a wee hole for the tea bag string and slit a tiny opening at the top of the mug and feed the string through. I scored the frame in a trellis using my scorpal. Hope it tickles!




17 comments:

  1. YES! So nice to see you creating, Claire. Love your style. This is a great spring card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Och thanks Charmaine, yes, plenty more where this came from, cannot tell you how good it feels to have a little time to make!

      Delete
  2. That's lovely Claire! Can try this with stamps I've already got - thanks for the inspiration! Meant to say before now, having been there at the start of WMS I was sad to see the end but so pleased to see you moving on and still inspiring us. But what will I do for beautiful Christmas stamps in 2016! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words, well I'm kinda hoping to have some nice Christmas stuff out with Gina this year, maybe something awesome will happen and the Post Office will stop charging so much customs and duty..eh? One can but hope! :)

      Delete
    2. Hooray! I have a kindred spirit in the US who sends me stamps so I don't have to pay the duty (well not often anyway) - but shh don't tell anyone!;o)

      Delete
    3. oh fabby! Isn't it great to have friends in far flung places! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully framed floral cup Claire! The lime green is perfect with the white frame - and the yellow bloom really stands out! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Och thanks Julia! Really appreciate you stopping by! Hugs!!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Claire!! Love, Love, Love your floral cup, beautiful background and fabulous embossed frame!! It's awesome to see you designing for Gina K, and to see some of your images are going keep on and be carried by her!! Congratulations my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs Tosha! I'm chuffed to bits. Thank you so much for everything!! Chat soon, hugs c.

      Delete
  6. STUNNING card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  7. Super cute, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, much appreciated! Great to see you here!

      Delete
  8. AAAmazing! Love it! Talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tutorial, Claire! This design is gorgeous! hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!