Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

...Oversized Paperclips - Boo and Friends


Good evening folks - how are you? It's been a virtual craft desert around here I know but I have a quick little project to share with you this evening featuring the Boo and Friends stamps and dies.
Feel free to pin these to your Halloween inspiration Pinboards at pinterest - or wherever else you keep your ideas! 

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/collections/halloween/products/boo-and-friends

I made some oversized paperclips, because a) I found a couple of boxes of oversized paperclips while I was burrowing in the craft room looking for something else and b) because these are handy dandy little items - I can use them on notebooks, they are also good for closing paper bags etc, they are fab as bookmarks, which is something I always need and also, these are great for bribing the kids.... not that I need to bribe my kids you understand...

Simple ingredient list for these:

• Stamped image - which has been trimmed out with the matching die - I'm using Batty Boo here.
• A piece of co-ordinating card - for the back piece - also trimmed with matching die.
• A piece of thin foam - I'm using black fun foam (cheap in 'The Works' store in UK currently)
• A large paperclip.
• Superstrong glue - I used a combination of our extra strong Double Sided Tape and also liquid glue for funny shaped bits.


It's a pretty straightforward assembly job - but the one piece of advice you should take away is to flatten the foam with the paperclip BEFORE sticking the front on - press the paperclip in really well, until it leaves an imprint - like in my pic below - that way, once you have applied glue and stuck on the front - you won't end up with a paperclip shaped bump in your image. :)

Sandwiching the foam between the two card pieces gives the paperclip top a little chunkiness, which feels better and helps it to last longer than a simple card topper - If you really want to get the maximum lifespan from your paperclip topper, I'd advise varnishing with some sort of clear varnish - at a push, 2 parts PVA glue mixed with 1 part water should do it.


I love all these guys, but this one's my fave...


Hope it tickles!

8 comments:

  1. So cute Claire!! I need to make some as gifts, plus with other stamps they would make great markers in a planner. Thanks for the great tutorial. :-) Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant!!! Now I've got to find my box of x large clips which have wandered off somewhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Claire these are completely adorable! I love the sandwich recipe you made,so happy to have this set of stamps and dies so I can make a few for myself. I had so much fun with this set last year. Fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use the funky foam. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea Claire! love your cute little ghostie clips! very clever! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!