Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

...You're Invited



Evening folks! We made it to Friday! Yay!

Been playing around with A Great Big Owl set and I love how easy it is to make a detailed focal point so fast! All of the detail is in the stamp and all I had to do was stamp it. I clear embossed my black image because I knew I would want to add a little colour and copicand Versafine don't mingle so well sometimes. You could use memento black ink, but I love the depth of colour I get with the Versafine inks.

I used the owl image with the blank centre panel so I could add my sentiment in his tum. There's a good selection of sentiments to chose from in the set. I used the matching dies to cut him out and to cut a branch out of black card. There is also a wee die in the set that you can use to cut around the bottom of his toes/talons/feet I'm gonna call them toes. See here for how to use that die, super simple.


I made the background panel by stamping a pattern with all of those circular stamps that come in the set - some of the circular stamps are specific things like stars, eyes and a moon, others are decorative, but there is enough variety to enable the creation of interesting pattern, if you like to stamp!

the circular shapes also proved a good background for attaching embellishments like sequins, my new faves...

Well I love that it is Friday, but I still have plenty to do, I need to get my PJ party post written and then I have oodles to ship out to the DT - and I have a few more makes on the go - what are your plans for the weekend?


Hope it tickles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!