Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

...put a pop in it


These new Folding Tag dies are my current favourite (they sold out during the release, but they will be in again soon) - I have a raft of things to show you with these, but time has been scarce and I am only now getting time to make a few things!

I made this little pop-up tag this afternoon, I love how the little house comes forward as you open the tag, (pic below) such a neat idea. I cut the house out freehand with a scalpel, it is just a simple little naive style house. I wanted to see how a simple pop up would work in the tag, and it was great, I plan to make some of these now with pop up cakes in them for birthday tags.

I gussied up the front of the tag (see above) with a little Simple Sprig die cut that was already lying on the desk - and it was finished in a flash, sentiments are from the 'A Cottage Home' set. I pencilled in a really sketchy garden path just to ground the house and link it to the sentiment, couldn't be easier. It's the sort of tag I can quickly attach to a nice bunch of tea towels or other small gift for a new neighbour.

Hope it tickles! Feel free to pin this idea, I'm sure you can think up a ton of pop ups to put in these tags.


8 comments:

  1. Love this! So happy I have both of these and I love using them! Love the popup ! Great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful Claire :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute-can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Can't wait to play with my new tag die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've stayed away too long...this is fabulous Claire! I love the concept and your tag~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! One thinks the pop is on the outside(a perfectly beautiful outside!) then opens it to find a wonderful pop UP surprise! Great idea and beautiful execution! Okay, how is it connected to pop up..i've never made one.. Lovely, Thanks! Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!