Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

...You make the season bright



Evening! I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet I have a suspicion I picked up more than the kids from school today, you know that glowy feeling in your cheeks when you are coming down with the lurgy...?

A few little tag I made with the Little Lanterns set - and the co-ordinating dies, I do love these. I wanted the lanterns to be all aged and weather beaten and so what I did was to ink up the woodgrain Backgrounder stamp and then pick up the ink on my lantern stamp from there, see the pic below - you will notice that my woodgrain stamp is all white ink, I was too lazy to scrub it before inking it up in brown ink, shocking I know, but actually it kinda toned down the brown ink a little, which I liked... I used the same technique with the candles.


 I added a mini scene to the purchased manila tags with the Alpine Christmas mountains stamp and a tiny section of the village. the village is a two-part stamp - I have a buildings stamp and a separate roof stamp, which is handy for when you want to make little snow covered roofs on a dark background! the sentiment is from Cottage Christmas and I added a little ray of light to the word 'Bright' with a stamp from Bright Season. Colours were Old Rose and Bark - both Versacolour inks and WPlus9 White.



Hope it tickles!

15 comments:

  1. Great set of tags! I do like the mountain range and sweet village. Love the dies!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tags! Love your stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I really love this little village!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are lovely! You do have such good ideas. I hope that you're feeling better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Claire. Thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in the pink and white Claire - great pairing of the lantern and the mountain! Hope you shake off whatever you picked up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags - can't wait for my order to arrive so I can have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always seem to come up with something wonderfully different at Christmas Claire - delighted with my set. My little village cards are so pretty and now I think I'll be trying out the Alps today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. COOOL! Your creative touch is always magical, Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the pink and Kraft Claire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet tags! Love the emphasised stamping around the word bright! :)
    Hope the lurgy didn't get you. I thought I was pretty immune to it with working in a school, but it still got me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Claire

    These tags are very pretty, I love the snowy mountains and the little church and house with the snow on the roofs. I think the lantern also looks great on the tag and the sentiment is just perfect for it.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOSH, I think I'm in LOVE!!! With these completely darling Christmas tags-Yes!--with your charming style--Yes!--with your blog--Yes!--with your delightful stamps and dies--{much to my husbands dismay} YES!!!! I am a total newb to you (and yes, I've pretty much been living under a rock) but I do see myself fast becoming a stalker of your blog and hopefully be able to buy some of your wonderful products soon--I know what is being added to my wish list tonight!! :D Thanks so much for your beautiful inspiration and for sharing it with the planet!{{{Hugs}}} from Seattle, Washington! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!