Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

...Sail out to Sea


Good afternoon! I'm catching up with admin and other boring behind the scenes stuff - Last week's release was a goodie - we are already sold out of Ocean Bound, although more had beem quickly ordered when we saw how fast they were going!

I have a wee sample today for you, one that I should have had up before the release, and it's a really simple card, it's a one layer if you don't count the card base....

I am particularly in love with the knot based set - Tying the knot and one of the things a I drew for that set was a corner knot - in the card above I have stamped it 4 times to create a square frame, how cool is that going to look on a gingerbread card this Christmas! Can't wait!

Anyhow, this card is all sponge and stamping, nothing too strenuous here, and I have a  couple of little how-to pics:


After stamping the frame in red ink SU - Cherry Cobbler, I sponged with a little Antique linen ink. Now a lot of SU inks will bleed when you sponge over them and I picked Cherry Cobbler for that purpose. The Red and Antique linen mix well together to give a nice sort of glow.

Next I stamped the sentiment, from Safe Harbour sentiments, in black. Versamark Fine is my black of choice for detail.


Next thing was to trim out a fancy square shape from scratch paper with a Spellbinders Labels 15 die. I set the fancy square shape over the sentiment area on my card, held it down really tightly, and really went to town with the cherry cobbler and a sponge.


When I take it off I have a nice glowing panel that softly tones with the deep red of the frame. Mounted it on a Black card base and that was that....

hope it tickles....oh, btw, are you planning to play along with our Next Pajama Party? We'd love to see you!

6 comments:

  1. Ah Claire, stop it.Decided to visit after my tea and now I'm itching to try this out. Love all the shades of ink used. Wish we had access to SU just for the inks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire this is wonderful. Love the warm, rich colours and that sentiment is absolutely fabulous!! Can't wait to play with my sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the knots in the rich red. Can't wait for the PJ party :-D
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your inking technique Claire. That red is so striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!