Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

...Monday morning Red Carpet Challenge


So - did you watch the Oscars? I was starting to and then my littlest person's temperature took a turn for the worse and we ended up over in the hospital. Back home with antibiotics and a snuggle and thankfully all seems to be well.

My plan was to make a card based on my favourite red carpet dress of the evening and so far Zoe Saldana is my front runner. I have no clue what this pretty lady is famous for, as I don't really keep abreast of who stars in what, but I do have a thing for red carpet glamour.

So, I'm gong to issue a little challenge - let's make a card based on your favourite dress of the evening. I'm going to upload a post later today with links and my creation. I might go with Zoe, but I might change my mind, I have not seen everyone's dresses yet, and I kinda have to admit I like the texture of Kirsten Stewart's dress.....

So, here's what to do - make a card/project, based on your favourite dress from the 2013 Oscars red carpet fashion pics - I found lots of images here at the Daily Mail site, but nearly every magazine website will have pics this morning.

Come back later on and link it up to the Challenge blog post that I will put up this evening. You will have one week to play. Fancy?



In honour of the challenge, one random player will win a You're Lovely stamp set!

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh - great challenge - I watched a lot of the red carpet action and think I know which dress wowwed me the most but not sure it will translate into a card so i won't say who was wearing it just yet in case I choose an easier option!!!!
    Hope the wee one perks up soon.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your baby is doing ok Claire! I like this dress too and I have no idea who that girl is. I am not much of a movie person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like fun! I'm sorry your little one got sick~I hope they are better soon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea - some of the dresses were spectacular! I agree that Zoe looks fab! She's plays Uhura in Star Trek!

    Must check out the dresses to see what works ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to add - hope the littley gets better soon. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a challenge! I think she played the big blue lady in Avatar? Love her dress, and a few others too, but there were some that I thought "what were you thinking?!"!

    Hope the lil one is feeling better.

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your baby is geting better ..:) I like this challenge´s idea !Can´t wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yet again Claire, I find that so funny. I also don't know who most of these people are but I like the frocks! Great idea and plenty of inspiration to choose from anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!