Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2012


Good afternoon! The old blog has been a little bare this week and I thought I'd take 5 to pop up this card I made about a fortnight ago. I'm setting up an additional supplier and the store is busy so Herself and I are working double time to both, get orders out, and to ensure that the backorder stamps get to something like a normal supply in the next couple of weeks. Orders are a little slow this week, something like a 48-72 hour delay, but we expect to be back on track by early next week.

Back to my card, well I must admit, I've been having a little giggle to myself (nope, I don't get out half as much as a person my age ought to...) - We released the Opera Tags stamps in the ill fated August release and it contained a special stamp. It's the sort of a stamp that you might understand instantly, or not at all.

I call it my 'Theatre curtain' stamp and you can see it in the card above stamped in blue. It is designed for use with our Opera Tags Die templates. When I was drawing up this stamp I was thinking of how a set of dramatic curtains would make a nice frame stamp for announcements, such as new baby, wedding etc.

By covering only a part of the stamp it dresses up the label shape nicely, and allows you to add whatever you like underneath, in this case I've added a Santa Silhouette (Santa's coming to town) and a Merry Christmas Sentiment (Say it with Style).

The corresponding label/tag shape is quite large, which makes it ideal as a focal point on your cards, or as a feature label, such as the jar label below.


I stamped the Theatre curtains in green and added some label information "Partially decomposed Fingers' etc, from a stamp from the Wanda's Pantry set. I put sellotape over the corner flourishes on that stamp before inking up, then removed them so that the only thing that would leave an impression would be the text detail of the stamp.

It makes a good sized label for one of those large mason jars, lots of potential for dressing the Halloween table.



If you are interested in a little how to, read on, otherwise I will catch up with you tomorrow!


Usually I stamp first, then position the die over the image with tape. I use Tsukineko inks, I find the Versacolour cannot be beaten for even coverage on large solid stamps. For today's projects, I heat set the ink before adding a little dimensional shading with two copic markers, warm Greys 1 and 3.

 I also sponge heavily...Antique linen...yes...again...



To make the snowflake background, I took one of those Spellbinder Impressabilities - Snowflakes, and inked it up, with the same Sky Blue Versacolour ink. I carefully placed it onto the Grand Calibur Base plate, ink side up, and then very carefully laid a piece of cream cardstock over the top, then the tan embossing mat, then the pink embossing plate. Fed the whole lot through my big raspberry buddy and out came what looks like a lovely letterpress snowflake background.

Recently I've seen folks do this with those nice Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folders also, it's a neat technique.




Hope it tickles!


13 comments:

  1. Love the background technique. The pattern looks like it's floating above the background card. Just beautiful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such dramatic flair~gorgeous work Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations with this lovely opera tag Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decomposed fingers label showed this to my husband who is missing a few fingers and he suggested he be in the picture waving! I don't know boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these tags - the snowflake background in your first card is stunning. But I just love the decomposed fingers label - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the designs, LOVE the colors! I couldn't wait to see you use this label, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the emobssing technique and the way the snowflakes have dimension to them against the paper background! Gorgeous projects Claire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE!! I love the Santa silhouette - and I haven't got it yet (!) - and I LOOOOOOOOOVE the snowflake background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!
    I died when I saw Santa...
    he's so perfect for this tag!!
    And then you hit us with the Halloween...
    that is one of the most awesome Halloween sets ever created...
    you do know that right?
    And so perfect with the tag again!
    Love all the projects...
    tags...
    background...
    you amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good a new technique to try/ I love your color choices/ Opera Tags is on my wish list. Thank you Claire

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this ornate frame stamp Claire, it will add that something special to any gift, or card. Wonderful tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Santa card is fabulous....WOW!! Love the jar label And contents, too....fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post Claire - I love when you have time to play! The opera tags are brilliant - my fave of the release! I love how this set coordinates so well with the others you featured. It makes working with any of your sets easy as they work together seamlessly. Brilliant Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!