Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

...late to the party


I'm late. I have no excuses for you, I just didn't make it on time....this is not a new phenomenon for me...however Colleen Proctor, whose Party Project you can see here, created an amazing layout for the party and our linky system seems to have let her down, so I'd invite you to pop over and see her cute, cute layout here, as she is not on the original party list, and I'd hate you to miss out.

Our theme was Birthdays and the blog post with the link list is just the one before this one, so you can scroll back easily to see everything. I will be surfing the party form the comfort of duvets and feather pillows later, right now, I'm up to my ears in tidying a craft room...

I used French Country for my card, colours inspired by this fabby ribbon, it's wired, which makes the whole plumping up the bow thing so much easier...


I stamped in Memento rich cocoa, and coloured with copics. The detail on the large order means that you can pick and choose which bits to colour, or not, it also looks fab just stamped, but I was in a footery mood.

Peeking out the sides of the broad french border panel you can just see the tips of a detailed die cut border, created with the large border die from the Lace Doily Accents Spellbinders die template 
set.

Stamped my sentiment, one word at a time onto a dinky little die cute taggy. Popped on a little red pebble - I got those from Beverly at Precious Scraps, eons ago. Beverly gave me a kick start in this old crafty venture by taking a risk and asking me to be on her DT, what it must be nearly 4 years ago! I'm forever grateful and we will be forever friends!!

Hope it tickles!

21 comments:

  1. This is stunning Claire, I love the rich warm tones, the big floofy bow, and the subtle background stamping, along with that beautiful coloured border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is gorgeous ! I love that big bow with the large button. The colors are to die for . Claire I love the way you colored this ,and can't wait to see if I can do this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Claire. What a lovely background for this outstanding bow of gorgeous ribbon. I'm glad you found a little time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's just beautiful!! Love the bow and the red/brown colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I'll ever be able to pick my jaw up!!!!!! Speechless...some would say that's unusual!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUN.ning. late or not, this is absolutely beautiful. That ribbon is fabby.. will you have it in your store? pretty please :) - i can relate to your "late" - that's how i missed the last TWO parties. was so upset with myself that i made myself a big note to prepare for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabby die cut is the sentiment stamped on? so pretty! had to ask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on that big plaid bow Claire - and the way you colored the lace stamp to match! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card and that bow is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, this is PERFECT. That bow is just gorgeous, and I love the way you coloured that french border - it looks like a beautiful provencial fabric!

    Beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire--this is just beautiful! It was well worth the wait! :)

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love the rich colours Claire - beautiful! The way you coloured the French Country border looks fab and ties in so well with that scrummy ribbon. What a cute shaped label too - just love it all x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is possibly the most gorgeous card I've ever seen. The colours, the colouring, the little tag with the red pebble, but that bow fair takes one's breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous! Love these warm, rich colours - the ribbon is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!
    Can I just say that I absolutely die over that ribbon...
    LOVE!!
    And it is so perfect with French Country...
    just a truly stunning card!!
    And I peeked at Precious Scraps...
    Dover is a hop, jump and a skip from me!!!
    Granted...I don't get over there much but I now will have to make some time to go and check them out!! :)
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With a card like that, you are forgiven ;-). I just love the warmth and richness of the colors you chose. I'd never have pick that ribbon, thinking it would be too large for a card and I'd have been wrong. Will need to reevaluate my ribbon stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. The deep, rich colors you used are visually stunning. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful border and bow Claire! I love the sentiment shape also~it's so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Claire - the beautiful rich colors of your card just made me smile and think of crisp fall days with colored leaves and curling up in front of a warm fire with a cup of tea and a good book! Gorgeous my dear and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card Claire!! I love the way you colored the lace border (and made it the center of attention!) and that bow!! Where on earth did you find that amazing ribbon? (probably somewhere from your neck of the woods that we don't have over here :-P
    Big hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!