Pages

Sunday 18 December 2011

...Last minute stocking filler...mini jars...


A proper look at the jars I was trying to show you the other day...


Stocking filler quickies - for which I have a huge need....mini jars filled with sweeties - trim yourself out a fancy label for the sides of the jars, I used these dies. I stamped some suitable sentiments from Candy Jar Christmas. Sponged edges with good ole' distress Antique Linen, never lets me down....used black ink... little bit of papperned paper from a Graphic 45 pad, this years I believe. Added a wee loop of ribbon under the lid label with extra strong tape.


Or, join two together using a piece of card, mine was trimmed with a fancy Spellbinder die to make it purty, but basically a rectangle of card scored twice and with two holes punched, see pic below. The trick is to punch holes which are wide enough to accept the jar, but slightly smaller than the lid. See the pic below for deets. Little sponging, little lace, two pieces of black velvet ribbon tied in the same way as a mans neck tie, and I have a dinky little pair of jars, a sweet treat for somebody.


Or, dress it up with a bow tie. Simple!


I started with these jars from Lakeland, it's a UK company, but any old jars will do!

9 comments:

  1. Ooohh Claire! These little gems are awesome! What a beautiful way to dress up a sweets jar! Genious the way you put the two jars together on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and great use of dies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Claire! the label die cut looks great with your sentiments! and the black ribbon tops it off nicely! Great design on the double jars too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow to you!!
    You are a creative genius...
    no one comes close!
    I absolutely love these...
    all of them!
    The individual jars...
    the double pack...
    just incredible!
    I've already goggled some of those jars...
    I have recipes for homemade sugar scrubs, bath salts and body butter and what an amazing gift they would be packaged like this!!
    OH! We may need another addition to Rescue Remedies...
    the bath edition ;)

    Are those candies lemon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Claire...wish I had time to even go to Lakeland...but as you say some nice jam jars well cleaned and free from glue would be good too. I love the way you have joined them together...just as presentable as 'Mrs Bridges' (another U.K. brand as far as I am aware - you U.S. folks may not know of it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little jars are fab!

    And I forgot to say on the previous post your dresser looks amazing. (didn't want to post twice on the competition comments section).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!