Pages

Saturday 12 June 2010

...saturday morning sketch fun! WMSC2



Hello and welcome to the second WMS Sketch Challenge! I am hoping these wee challenges will help me set aside time for a more regular crafting schedule, things are super busy at WMS and i feel like i don't get a chance to make much lately!! so this is a great excuse to get the gear out!

Here's my card for today! To see all the deets, pop on over to our brand new Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch challenge blog HERE!

I was amazed at how many fabulous entries we got last week! Come on! Join the fun!!

I cheat shamelessly and move things around on a sketch challenge, to suit my mood at the time! I had a lovely elegant card in mind when I drew the sketch but then I just felt the old pic-nic patterns calling my name the other day as I was making and ended up with this, it's a bit of fun, not my usual thing, but my girlies liked it!!

The stamped background is a plaid made with the thinner plaid-maker stamp from Pic-Nic Patterns, just like yesterdays card! I cut two shapes with the Spellbinders labels 10 die, stamped one with flowers and one with a frame. Cut out the centre of the framed die cut and layered it over the flower panel! Instant framed piccie!

Stamps are from Pic-nic Patterns and Vintage Labels 10, Bee is from Spring Baskets, Sentiment from Say It with style


Hope it tickles!!

9 comments:

  1. Another great sketch Claire - can't wait to play along! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card, love it!
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Claire! How on earth do you get your plaid so perfect? Do you use a ruler or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Claire...I SO have to add to my spellbinders collection and get started on WMS immediately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your pretty framed garden Claire! and that terrific plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, and so creative:) you are a great little artist! Someday I'll have your great stamps and hope to do even half as well as you!!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet flower garden :) Looks like a fun sketch - can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plaid! Colors are fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another really wonderful card, Claire ... and it's so hard to believe that your background paper isn't DP!! I MUST get that stamp set! I'm sooo pleased to read in your latest post that you're going to be giving some background-stamping tips soon ... I was going to ask whether you'd been using the PTI grids (which I don't have) to line everything up so perfectly ... so it's great to know that you're going to be sharing your expertise ... thanks SO much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!