Pages

Wednesday 17 March 2010

...St Patick's Day Blog hop!!!



So I made a plan to open the blog hop this evening and now that St Pat's Day is here I can't wait!! LOL. apologies to all you sticklers for schedules!! The more I think about it, the more I do feel that I should have planned it to start this morning instead!!! I have such a hard time getting my head around time differences etc that I think I maybe made what's known as a faux pas...huge apologies!lol.
Anyhow, without further waffle let me welcome you to our St Patrick's Day blog hop!!!

Here's how to follow the hop - pop on over to the WMS Forum here and register if you haven't already, it takes just a sec and we don't ask any awkward questions, lol.

Go to the 'Play Room' and you will see the March blog hop posts, one is a list of participants and the other is a thread for chat and the Leprechaun hunt!!!

The Leprechaun Hunt!

As you work your way through the hop you will see that the DT ladies are participating, BUT as I'm springing the hop open early they might be posting later on, you might need to check back!!

Check the DT photos (and mine) very carefully, if you see any leprechauns, note them down and count them all up. Post your Leprechaun tally in the chat thread that accompanies the hop list and I will pick a random winner from the correct answers to win a free Stamp set of your choice, I'll pick the winner on Saturday night!!!

look closely - I've been very, very sneaky!!!



I used one of the free digi stamps from the pack I put together here. Grab one now by clicking here if you don't have it, they're free. Check out this post for how to use.

I coloured my bunch of Shamrocks with copics and mounted it simply on one of the Celtic Lunettes digital paper from my store. The sentiment comes from Celtic Heritage.

The card below I made with some eggs from the Nestie Eggs set!! (currently sold out, more due in a week or so)

I deliberately off-set the centre panel so that my shamrock leaf could overhang the card without overhanging the card, like it Joan?? lol, I was amazed how many folks don't like bits that hang off the sides of cards! I guess it does make posting a nuisance but I think this is a nice compromise for folks like me who like a bit of overspill now and again! lol!!

I used the Victoriana papers that co-ordinate with the victorian egg! love matchy, matchy!

sentiment is from Irish Blessings.




I die cut 6 egg shapes using the Spellbinders Egg dies that co-ordinate with this product and I then stamped them with the little victorian egg.


I layered them together in pairs, right sides together and trimmed off a portion as shown below, when you open them out they make fab shamrock leaves!! lol. I stuck them together in their matching pairs and used them to make an oversized shamrock for my card!

I love how it gives a little border all around the outside edge of each leaf, almost like they had been cut with a special leaf die!! so simple!

Go, try it! I'm going to try some flower shapes this way with the eggs next!!


Now, happy hopping, remember the master blog list is in the forum here.

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards as usual Claire! I love the clover wrapped in the linen - I haven't tried coloring that yet - but it's on my list!!! and you are just too clever with the egg cutting to make shamrocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever way to use those nesties Claire! Brilliant - love both of your creations!! You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both stunning, and the egg shamrock is brilliant!! You could make not only flowers, but hearts if you cut at a different angle! Wow - what a way to expand the mileage on an Easter set!!! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are gorgeous Claire! Thanks for the free digi images to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use those egg nesties and stamps! Love your coloring! I'm going to work on mine! ;) Thanks for the free digi stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the cards are fabulous and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Claire, these are awesome! I just love how you created your shamrock. Such beautiful work! And I'm glad you opened things up early, as I was going to be gone when things were supposed to get started and wouldn't have been able to add my link until tomorrow. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Claire, they are ..... GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
    Really really lovely.
    In fact, so lovely, I forgot to look for the flippin lepechaun!! Gotta go back and look...
    Hugs,
    Many Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever with the egg shapes! And I guess I broke the rule of overflow on the edges of the card...mine today went beyond the card edge because I'd seen you do it and liked the technique! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! How you used the egg die is very ingenious. Thanks for doing the blog hop, this is fun being able to see what everyone has made with your stamps and digi images. Oh, and I like it when something "hangs off" to the side a bit, as long as you can get it in the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are amazing and I really like how you colored the shamrocks in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooooh, just love them both. How clever to use the egg to create you own shamrock. Both elegant and understated as usual. Thanks for the stamps and the chance to participate in this blog hop:) Happy, happy St Patrick's Day and continued success! Angela (aka Dolly Mixtures)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Pure gorgeousness! Very clever to use the egg die for a shamrock. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow I'm in LOVE with the egg stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love them both! I can't get enough of that shamrock image.. it is so pretty. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claire, absolutely stunning carads! Thank you so much for the beautiful images. I had such fun coloring the clover wrapped in the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are beautiful.. Thank for opening the blop hop before "legal" time.. he we goooooo !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowza! Claire you come up with the neatest 'think outside the box' ideas. Love that shamrock made from eggs - wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Also love the small touch of purple with green. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Claire! I hopped over from Lisa H's blog--LOVE both your cute cards!! What a fun hop! Off to count those leprechauns *Ü* Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards Claire, ingenious use of the eggs! pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both so wonderful, Claire! Love the digi images/sentiments (thanks so much for making them available!)! Your shamrock is so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great idea for the shamrock, Claire! Your coloring for the clover is just exquisite!! Happy St. Patty's Day from your friend across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning Claire!! Your colouring is perfect!! :)

    hugs
    Debbie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. My jaw dropped when I saw the shamrock that you created with the Nestie egg die and the Victorian stamp. Absolutely beautiful, along with the digital paper.......the whole card is WOW! You are SO creative - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. And to think I've been doing silly housework while waiting for the opening time-lol!!
    Love how you've done up the shamrocks and hankie- yummy!! But that little eggie turned flower is divine. I'll be using that idea for sure!
    Thanks for the inspirations - I'm off to hop and search for wee leprechauns :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Goodness, Claire, as always it's a treat to see what you create! I am definitely going to color up that bunch of shamrocks... thanks so much for that freebie! And I'm loving what you did the eggs... I can definitely see how you could make a gorgeous flower the same way. I'm inspired to try!!!

    Cheers!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh fab idea with the shamrock and the eggs! :) Totally cool! And LOVE your coloring on the digi!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are SO creative Claire - love your shamrock "eggs" - what a clever idea. Love the hop and the free digi images - thank you for those! AND a fun contest too! Rock on. Happy St. Patty's girl

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite thing about your projects is that you always think of different ways to use your stamps and shapes. Brilliant! BTW, my family really, really appreciated the chocolate! My husband said you were his favorite Irish stamp maker, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning cards Claire!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both just lovely cards, I couldn't choose between them if I had to!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Truly amazing Claire. I love how you can visualize the not-so-obvious and turn it into a masterpiece. Thanks so much for organizing this hop today. WHAT FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So creatively different...wonderful eggy shamrock.

    ReplyDelete
  34. such fun creations! Your skills blow me away
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your first card is fabulous and the coloring is just lovely! How clever to use the nesties in that way...it turned out beautifully. Very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE the touch of purple on your beautifully colored card!

    And that shamrock from the egg stamp is AWESOME! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun event today. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oooh oooh! I love how you made the eggs into shamrocks!!! stunning Claire :) So glad I got to hop along with you this time around :) Thanks for the opportunity - and Happy St. Patrick's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW, Claire, you are just so clever!!! LOVE all your creations, but that last card is sooo fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh Claire your cards are so beautiful. I love the colors on the first one the purple really pops. I like how your made a shamrock out of the eggs...you are so crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for showing us how to create a shamrock out of the nestie eggs. I love being able to use what I have! Both your cards are gorgeous, sigh. I absolutely am in love with your style!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a clever way to use those eggs!!! I love how both of your cards turned out; very pretty and perfect for today!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the hints of purple in your first card. You always manage to do something unexpected and make it classy! Thank you for the tip about the overhang that doesn't overhang. I haven't been able to do it 'til now. You have found the pefect compromise. Sheer genius!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What lovely cards Claire!! I love the colors on your first one - so pretty with the purple! And the nestie eggs - you are soooo clever!! Thanks for the fun hop and the sweet digi treats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Claire everything you do is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW Claire,
    What great cards. I love what you did with the eggs. And thanks so much for the freebie. I had no St Patrick's Day stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a clever idea for the shamrock Claire. And I love the colouring of your digi-stamp. The purple adds just the right contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your cards are stunning! The shamrock is so clever! You're amazing Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!