Pages

Monday 28 September 2009

...Very Vintage labels No. 4


Scroll down this is a long post! lol


As you can see, this stampset (releasing along with 5 others tomorrow, here on the blog!!! ) is designed to co-ordinate with the labels four dies from Spellbinders, these are such a pretty shape and I just wanted a set that would help me make more of them. I have been making my stamps co-ordinate with Spellbinders for a while now, as they are the dies tat I find most versatile and pretty! but I am open to suggestions for other popular shapes!!

It is entirely possible to use them without the dies as well, hopefully some examples later.

For this post I have used the dies to help make my examples. The card above uses a polka dot border designed to fit just inside the embossed area of the die cut shape. There are two sizes of this particular border in the set.

The stamps in Very Vintage Labels No. 4 work best with the 3 of the middle sized dies in the set, there simply isn't enough room to make stamps for all of the sizes so I spent a while scouting around to see what sizes seemed to be most popularly used.

In the card above you can just see one of the vintage style ornaments included in the set. The sentiment is from Say it with Style, (already available in my store).

In the photo below you can see a very special stamp in this set. As you are aware frame stamps take up a lot of space and a hugely important consideration for me is that my sets are terrific value for money - I am always on the lookout for ways to fit more in!! lol. So with that in mind I designed a 3-in-one stamp.

This means that there are 3 dotted borders in the one stamp. You have five ways of using this stamp:
  1. ink it all up and stamp a 3 line pattern/border
  2. ink up the outside line only to get a larger border
  3. ink up the middle line to get a medium sized border
  4. ink up the centre border to get the smaller border
  5. ink up any two lines at a time to get a double border.
The easiest way to get one line at a time inked up is to ink up the stamp as usual and then rub the excess ink off the borders you don't need, although it is very easy to ink up one border at a time using those wee dew drop ink pads or the wee inch square ink pads.

In the photo below you can see the stamp with two of the lines inked and the third left clear.


This photo shows 4 of the 5-6 border effects you can achieve with this one stamp!!


In the next photo you can see how it is possible to stamp a border and then stamp a tiny journalling panel (included in this set!) once or twice within the borders to make yourself some neat little journalling panels!


Another dinky wee stamp I want to introduce you to are what I'm calling 'tag shoulders'. These are 3 decorative shapes that fit either the middle or the end points of the die shapes. They have a little empty circle in which you can punch a hole for the tag, adding a little extra vintage style that I just love!!

The example in the pic below show that it's easiest to stamp the 'tag shoulder' first and then line up your cutting die. Hold it in place with a couple of pieces of tape while you run it through your wizard/cuttlebug.

This pic shows the 'tag shoulder' that co-ordinates ith the second largest die in the nestie set, the second 'tag shoulder' matches the centre point of this die and the third 'tag shoulder' matches the next smaller die. It's easy to tell them apart when you hold them up to the dies.


A couple of tags showing the 'tag shoulders' in use, the sentiment is from Say it with Style and the ornaments are included in the Very Vintage Labels No. 4 !!


Hope these tickle!!!! Might be back later with more! do my best!!

26 comments:

  1. You're so clever Claire! Those tag shoulders are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is the stamp set I've been waiting to see. I love it, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly Claire! You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet stamps!! How fun....great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tag shoulders are wonderful! and I love how the tags fit with the Nesties - your samples are beautiful as usual Claire!! can't wait to see the new blog shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Labels 4 is my absolute favourite...gosh this is wonderful Claire...well done...your ability to think outside the box is awesome.
    Joyce in Cookstown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a MUST HAVE set! I am head over heals about the "tag shoulders". Sheer brilliance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire your awesomeness amazes me! Another brilliantly executed set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky am I! I've only got three Nesties and Labels 4 is one of them!!! Just love these tag shoulders - so clever of you to think of them Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tag shoulders are amazing! You are soooo clever. I can't wait to see all the sets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great - well done. It's fab to have stamps that fit die cuts etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Awesome, your so talented!.
    Can't wait until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Claire!! And the tag shoulders are genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. tag shoulders. how cute! it definitely adds just a bit more to the tag...good thinking!

    still can't wait for tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag shoulders are such a clever idea! Can't wait until the big release.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another really lovely set of stamps and projects! I love the tag shoulders...so original and they add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow, this is fantastic! I love those stamps, what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tag shoulder stamps are a fantastic idea! Can't wait to order some of the sets on wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh. My. Gosh. These are just awesome--can't wait for the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Claire this is another amazing set! Your samples are just out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, WOW, Claire!!! This is sheer brilliance and I LOVE it. Of all the Nesties on my list, I JUST BOUGHT this one with my last tiny order -- are you SURE you didn't draw my name Sunday night???!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh you are brilliant! LOVE this set. I don't have Labels 4 but this sure as heck makes me want to run out and get it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my wow! these are just fantastic! i am going to have to tell some of my spellbinder obsessed friends about your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have had these for a while and love them! But I have such problems with the triple border stamp. I find it SO difficult when I'm trying to only ink up ONE border, I always get some stray ink on the other borders and mess it up. Do you have any tips on how to ink ONLY the line that you want? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so happy you sent me this e-mail! Now, I have some great ideas for this stamp! Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!