Pages

Saturday 23 May 2009

...Easy wrapping paper


ED - I'm letting this little prize thing run until Sunday night (my time) and then I'll pick a winner via a random number selector. The prize will be a voucher for my store for the value of a free stamp set, thought that was better than offering a free stamp set - that way if you have already ordered the gingerbreads you can use the voucher to get one of my next stamp sets free. I'm looking into revealing the next set in approx one month.

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of the lovely people who have got my little company up and running with their orders - I'm delighted to report that I am up to my neck in order processing and shipping!!

Today I want to show you some wrapping paper made with the circular sentiments from the Oven Fresh set of stamps from my new stamp line.

If you're new here, scroll down to see my new sets!! or you can check them out in my little store here.

I stamped on brown paper with the sentiment in plum chalk ink and then filled in the circles with the little girl gingerbread (Oven Fresh) and the candyswirl heart (Half Baked).

Used the same images for the tag - the circular sentiment fits nicely into a 2 inch circle.

I have a couple more examples to show you using my Gingerbread stamps - hope you don't mind, and then I'll be doing some stuff for Beverly - oooohh the papers I have to work with are just divine!!! And the PTI bloghop is coming!! Love that.

Waffle
I am meeting with my business advisor in a couple of days to chat about a proper website store!! at the moment I'm selling from a blog site which is a bit limiting in terms of what I can show on it. It'll be a while till I get that far obviously, but I want to do this right. I am so touched by all of the responses I have had, so many lovely folks have been in touch to wish me well, and a stack of orders!! Thank you all so much. I am also working on my next stamp set and I invite suggestions for other stamp sets. I have a load of ideas, and I have maybe 3 more stampsets that I definitely want to get made, but it doesn't hurt to hear what other folks are thinking.

I'm sure a few of you wondered what I was doing launching Christmas stamps in May, truth is, I love Christmas. I love gingerbreads, they were the first set I designed and when my husband said he had organized a manufacturer, I just had to have the little guys made up. It was after this point that we seriously considered making a store and I didn't see a problem using the gingers as a starting point. I'm always on the lookout for unique stamps for special occasions and I thought you might be too! I'm delighted to say it seems you are! Thank you.

Hope it tickles.

10 comments:

  1. WOW...what a wonderfully packaged gift. The color combination is fantastic, Claire, and your stamps make such a cute and original wrapping. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire, it makes me so happy! Now, the apron is dinky, and you could have bowls and spoons and spatuas and a big Aga... lol, I don't cook or bkae so it's hard to imagine! Images that can stand alone or that can be stamped in a pattern for bg paper are good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous bit of packaging. The color combination really caught my eye -- what an absolutely beautiful job you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful idea to use the brown paper with those scrummy stamps - looks so homely. If I may post a little idea on new stamps sets - I absoloutlely loved your landscape sketches, the one's with the beatiful cottages on from a few months book.

    They really stand out in my mind as one your most exciting posts. Thanks so much for sharing and involving us all in your creative world.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claire! I just wanted to pop on over and say congrats on your new stamps. They look absolutely delish and of course all your goodies have been scrumptious to look at! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful idea! I am in love with your stamp sets! hugs, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your success with your stamp sets Claire! Glad to here you are up to your neck in orders. They are beutiful sets, and I'm enjoying seeing the different ways you are using them. Just which set to go for....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad things are off to a good start for you, Claire! I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Meantime, these gingerbread stamps are perfect timing for those who want to get a head start on their holiday card making. I love the idea of making wrapping paper with the images.

    Cheers!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire, the very best of luck to you as you continue this venture with your new stamp company!! Very sweet designs and clever uses you have shown...I look forward to what you have in mind in the future.

    Stephanie P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your paper Claire - the colors look absolutely super on it! I recognize that paper as your card back drop! (unstamped of course~!) I'm so glad you did well on the launch of your new endeavor! and I can't wait until my stamps arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!