Pages

Friday 13 February 2009

...sympathy card for GSS


Well it's time for the PapertreyInk GSS submissions again - I have only had time to make 3 very fast cards, I usually love to do something for GSS but I seem to have lost a few days somewhere...

Here is my favourite of the three cards I made, I love the Dark chocolate and the summer sunrise together, I felt like the yellow was just the little hint of hope needed on this card.

Anyhow - I made a neat little ribbon border frame (using the Making memories slot punch tool.) for the tiny butterfly image from the With Sympathy set - I love that set - so much usability - I'm looking forward to really playing with it soon. It has to be said I do not like to make sympathy cards, no-one does I'm sure and they're not something I would keep a stock of so I'll be passing these on soon as.

Also - just to let you know, I'm not a total neat freak but I do cover my keyboard in clear cling wrap, it's the sort of keyboard things could fall into and become unretrievable! Anyhow - I noticed that a couple of comments that I left were missing a few vital letters!! I was leaving praise like 'gorgous' and 'weet' till I realised the cling film was too tight!! Lol. Apologies if it was your blog - I meant well!!

12 comments:

  1. This is so nice Claire! Very peaceful card. As for your typing, that's too funny! But rest assured, I leave typos on almost every comment I leave on every blog. Our keyboard has those soft keys, and my fingers don't always hit them as hard as needed, so I probably look so illiterate to the blog world. I really do know how to spell, just hate my keyboard - now to check this one for typos ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Claire! I never know what to say about sympathy cards; somehow gushing doesn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect, Claire! Love it & they are soooooo hard to make! I really like your ribbon; may have to "borrow" that idea! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is gorgeous.

    YOU COVER YOUR KEYBOARD WITH CLING WRAP!!! My husband would love you, I am such a slob!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire, you are the ribbon diva for sure! I just love what you've done here with this beautiful image, design and of course this ribbon treatment....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I know how you did the ribbon -- tie in the middle and tuck each end into the slot?

    But .. covering your keyboard with cling wrap it brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!! Beautiful verse, so perfect!

    I had to chuckle about putting cling wrap on your keyboard. But, since I like to nibble on pretzels while blog hopping, I think I should try that clever idea:) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous! I love how you tied the ribbon without making it into bows. I have recently discovered your blog, and love your simple style!I will be 'case'ing this card if you aren't opposed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Claire, did you know you had won with this beautiful card, just been over to capture the moment and you are listed as the winner.

    Well done you, its gorgeous and you deserve it
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog due to this card on Nichole's blog. I can see why you were the winner. It's stunning! I would love to see what the punch looks like before you put in the ribbon...I'm so visual I just can't seem to wrap my brain around what you did. LOL I absolutely love it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!!! This card is absolutely stunning Claire. Although none of us likes to be in of need sympathy cards, I am a strong believer in sending them whenever they ARE needed - the cards I received after losing my mom still mean the world to me. SO - this one is lovely, lovely, lovely - please share with us just how you made the border. You also did a GREAT job of embossing the card front. I have not mastered that yet.

    I could not figure out how to leave you a comment in the gallery so I had to search to find your blog - then I saw your picture and thought - OH - THAT Claire!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful and your ribbon frame is amazing ... you're creations are always sure to 'tickle'!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!