Pages

Sunday 12 October 2008

...couple of wee snowmen.



Time is hard to come by in my house - hats off to anyone with more than 3 kids - I don't know how you do it. I've been itching to stamp some wee snowmwen since I got the PTI Made of Snow set - these wee men are brilliant - you can make them up just exactly how you want - I only had time to stamp a couple and make up these cards from scrap bits and bobs I had in my stash boxes.

For the first card I made a backing paper by stamping snowflakes all over PTI spring moss cardstock, the embossed snowy background was a scrap of vellum that I had ran through with a cuttlebug snowflake folder one time. I rubbed dark choc ink all over it. The white snow is white card ripped, Grossgrain brown ribbon finished it off.

The second card used a wee bit of plaid paper that I made ages ago by stamping in burgundy ink and white ink on kraft card, using my Faux ribbon PTI stamps - never got round to using it. Same scrap of vellum, this time highlighted with silver ink.

Both guys are wearing paper pieced scarves - think its Basic gray - fruitcake collection.

Hope they tickle.

Card 1
Cardstock - Kraft card, white card - LSS
Vellum - random scrap - LSS
Stamps - Made of snow, Rustic Snowflakes, Snowflake Serenade, all PTI.
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Aqua mist - both Palette, PTI
Ribbon - Brown 15mm grossgrain - LSS.
Brad - Papermania - LSS
Tag -cut with sizzix scalloped tag die.
Patterned paper - Basic grey - Fruitcake collection

Card 2
Cardstock - Kraft card, white card - LSS, Vellum - random scrap- LSS
Stamps - Made of snow, Rustic Snowflakes, Faux Ribbon, all PTI.
Ink - Dark Chocolate Palette, Silver Encore, Versacolour Burgundy and white
Ribbon - Brown 15mm grossgrain - LSS.
Patterned paper - Basic grey - Fruitcake collection

9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Claire. Love the pattern paper you make with the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Claire! I love the snowman set, I've been using it a bit lately.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both adorable - a great mix of textures and colors !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire these are awesome! I love how you used that cuttlebug folder, I am going to case this!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wee snowmen, what a beautiful card.
    Twila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about time - and I haven't even been blog hopping much lately :-) These are great - I still haven't inked mine yet! UGH! Too cute Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Claire, you never disappoint!
    Great cards... and that warty witch... oh she made me CHUCKLE!

    em

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Claire! I just had to let you know how much I like these cute cards!

    And your "Three Kings" boxes are just stunning ... I've DL'ed the template and hope I can create something half as nice as yours. I'll have 12 months to play with it, so time's on my side - for a change!

    Thanks so very much for sharing!

    ~Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!