Pages

Monday 1 September 2008

...some snowflakes



Two cards inspired by Alli Miles little air dry owls. I'd been wanting to try this since I saw it on her blog - the only differernce was that I stamped the images (all from Snowflake Serenade stamp set, PTI) without ink into my Air dry clay and then left them to dry. I sponged the Dark Chocolate Palette ink (PapertreyInk) on afterwards so that the snowflakes would show up as white.

The simplest of simple treatments for the first card, I used three pieces, two snowflakes and a sentiment, outlined by embossed boxes courtesy of my ScorePal. Tiny little bow to set it off. I like how the white clay looks against the Dark Chocolate card from PTI.

For the second card I layered two pieces of ribbon (Spring moss and Dark chocolate ribbons - both PTI) and used my Ribbon flower technique to create a little frame to show off my snowflake. Little sentiment stamped on Spring moss card and two co-ordinating mini brads to finish.

Hope they tickle.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning... where on this awesome blog would I learn how to do the ribbon technique??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza girl! I love your take on the paperclay. Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Claire!! What a neat project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought these were the wet tissue stampings when I first saw them. Very nice! I may have to try some. TFS the tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just gorgeous! I love all of your cards, I get "lost" in your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifu!! and thankyou for the instructions for the receipt organizer... Fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, they are tickling my fancy a lot. I have some of that air drying clay too. Maybe you have just inspired me to use it :-) These are beautiful Clair!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!