Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2014

...So Sweet


Little bit of stampy time this morning - dug out my Candy Jar Christmas Fillers set and had some fun with the gingies! Cut them out with the Jar Fillers die set. Added pearls to their wee chests - I coloured those with copics before applying - and since I've learned that tip, I only buy white or cream pearls and just colour them to suit as needed. The tags are made with the stitched tags dies and the sentiments are from Elf made. Thought this would make a nice start on the after Christmas thank-yous! These will be fab for adding to a wee box of shortbread or similar. You likey?


While I was on a roll I made up a wee card - I love stamping patterns, and so I made a background by repeating the Sweet sentiment in different inks. I didn't want it to fight too much with the tag I used as a focal point, and so I took apiece of vellum and clear embossed some fine stripes on it using the Pinstripe backgrounder. I love how that turned out. Slightly chuffed with this - can you tell? lol!

5 comments:

  1. I do likey !!! Love how you've layered the tag and Gingy looks so sweet with those coloured buttons - could almost eat him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are definitely so sweet! I love the layered tags and the coloured pearls for buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Claire!! Such a soft feeling to it all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. So many fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, I would never have thought about taking a sentiment and turning it into a background piece for my cards. But I am going to try and do one now for Christmas!! Thank you for inspiring me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!