Pages

Tuesday 26 August 2014

...Little Darlings Post two


Good morning folks -I hope you are enjoying the previews so far - I have some more vintage fun for you this morning and then later on this evening we'll be shaking it up with some sets of a completely different style. Scroll down for last night's post if you missed it.

The light is a bit brighter here today thanks to Mr G. Electric... and I've been able to take pics of this wee set. Feel free to pin and share these pics - lol, it's only the ones with grotty lighting that I am ashamed of...

I don't think there is much on the planet that is sweeter than a pair of baby shoes and so I set about learning how to crochet them on my week off - I lean towards home made gifts if I can do it well enough - I'll pass out jam like it's going out of style, but if the shortbread didn't work out you are likely to get something store bought... I made up these sweet little Baby Janes (pattern from these delightful gals at etsy) and I was very pleased - I think they are up to giveable standard.


Deciding how to present these was easy with the Little Darlings sets. All of the images are from the Little Darlings Image set and the Sentiments are from the Little Darlings sentiments set. I made up a card and taggy and then part covered a duo cupcake box with some of the patterned paper. The Cradle image on the card was stamped in a deep purple (SU elegant eggplant) and trimmed out with the matching die. I used the Picot panel for the sentiment - I'm finding that so versatile. I used a stitched tag die upside down to create a stitched panel on the card front - under the cradle and I stamped the round sentiment from LD sentiments in a blue shade to tone with the paper (Tilda).


The tag uses the Pram ( stroller US?) image and I cut that out with the matching die. The largest of the stitched tags was ut in kraft card and a wee strip of patterned paper just sets it off. Lots of sponging - because there are no other stamping techniques... :) Loving the small contrasting grommet die that comes with the stitched tags - it's all about the details sometimes.


The box was a find - it's a due cupcake box with those sweep-up-and-gather sides, I love it! - I covered the end panels in paper - a little sponging...for old times sake....


And there it was, a lovely little bundle - I think it does justice to my crocheted efforts - I think handmade goodies should be presented properly - I think it alerts folks to the fact that you have made the effort and spent time creating a little piece of love. Don't sell yourself short all you knitters and crocheters by giving away your beautiful hard work all rolled up in a paper bag - present yourselves! :)

Hope it tickles - I'll be back this eve with Halloween!




6 comments:

  1. Claire, these are wonders! Ahhhhing over every detail! The rich purples and gold are the beginning and end of elegance! And, I'd frequent that cupcake shop more, just to have a stash of those boxes! (Just sayin')

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would call this a baby carriage in North America. A stroller is a more modern version. Lovely booties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First - I just LOVE the little knit booties!! HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!??!! your card and tag are beautiful accompaniements for them - love the Kraft and purple and all the sponging - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Claire.. and i see Halloween is on it's way .. excitement fills the air!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what amazing projects! The booties are adorable and matching card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!