Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

...New for September 'Putting on the Ritz' and 'Art Deco Backgrounders'


 Good morning and welcome to day one of the September release samples - we have 8 new sets releasing this Thursday and I can't wait to show you what they are! My sample this morning uses Art Deco Backgrounders - which is as you might guess an Art Deco inspired Backgroudner! Not being content with one pattern, I made this set a large set and included an option for a second style of backgrounder and some stylish motifs.

I inked up my diamond backgrounder in Versamark before smoothing some black card over the stamp - on huge backgrounder stamps like this one, I simply leave the stamp on the backing sheet and place it face up on the work surface. I ink up and smooth the card down on top, making sure to smooth over the entire surface. 

I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and heated it up! I stamped and embossed the sentiment in the same way, layering it on to another piece of black card. A gem coloured up with copics to match and some tiny black feathers and I was done. Simple - the detail in the backgrounder stamp does all the work!

The Sentiment comes from another new set - Putting on the Ritz - a complimentary sentiment set which oozes 20's style.

 Previewing with me today are some of the the ladies:


 Hope it tickles - I will be back tomorrow with another preview - I am moving house this week and hectic doesn't begin to cover it! I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's samples though!

29 comments:

  1. Stunning set and amazing card, love all that gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire, I absolutely love this set already!! Love the rich gold embossing, all glitzy and glamorous! Gorgeous! And I love the little feathery jewel, so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you had it right when you said 'oozes style' Claire ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Art Deco is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those thin feathers are perfect for this wonderful art deco card Claire! The gold is just shimmering off the screen! Hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks so rich with that fantastic gold embossing. loving this set.
    hugs Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Claire! This is stunning! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly, I think you're very brave moving house and having a release all in the same week! Good luck with it all.
    The new stamps are lovely. What a great diamond backgrounder and I particularly like the Christmas opera tag stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you how much I love this set! One of my friends is an art deco nut - birthday and christmas cards sorted like forever!!!
    Thanks :-D
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Claire,

    You and the ladies have been putting on the Ritz! You're all the cat's pyjamas, a swell display from all. Gorgeous, gorgeous Art Deco treats. Just love it all, my favourite era.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted an art deco set and you've done it up beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Claire - you've out done yourself again! I really love the elegance of this card, the gold really shines and I adore the sweet feathers.

    I've really enjoyed checking out the team's cards and I can't wait for the release!!

    Hope it's all going well with the move xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! These are gorgeous and I can't wait for the crow and tree day! Good luck moving.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fantastic, and loving the samples I've seen from the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire! This is just fabulous! I have a list of goodies I want and this is going straight to the top of the list!! I wanted to wait until the new releases were out so I can make one felled swoop! You will be hearing from me soon! ;)
    Melinda

    Winter Bear Trading

    ReplyDelete
  16. Made the mistake of not getting the pinstripe last month, won't happen again! These sample cards need pinning. Looks like a fabulous release ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thought I was over Art Deco, but not now. An absolutely stunning card. The background design is beautifully detailed and the sentiment is in the appropriate style. love Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo hoo - how glamorous! Love those feathers and all that gold. It looks like these sets are going to be superb.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! I absolutely love this new set, Claire! So reminiscent of the Gatsby era and all those beautiful fashions and art deco design.
    Your card is stunning!! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! Talk about setting trends!! The art deco I've seen is FABULOUS!! Love the Xmas addition to Opera tags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...so much drooling going on here, I need a bib. These are simply amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE!!!!!!!!! Amazing Claire! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Breathtaking!! These art deco stamps are amazing Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the elegant look of the Art Deco stamps, Claire. And thank you so much for the Opera Tag stamps to help us get more kilometerage out of those gorgeous dies you designed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am loving this release, especially the Art Deco period stamps. You could design a whole bunch more of these and I would be on cloud nine. One of my favorites is showing ore use of the Opera Tags. For some reason I think I will get a lot of mileage out of these.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always been intrigued by the roaring 20's and this art deco set appears to be a great addition... I have a friend that i will pass this along to... she is very into the roaring 20's.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such an elegant card - and I think this setis going right to the top of my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!