Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

...Old Salt


Did you see Cathy Weber's wonderful masculine project on Friday? It was superb, the colours, the design everything, scroll down if you didn't see it.

Today I have another simple card for you -  I wanted to show you another way to use your Pinstripe Backgrounder - so simple, but what do you get when you stamp it twice, once longways, once crossways?? MINI GINGHAM!!!!! Love mini gingham.... Can't wait to try this with the Pinstripe Mini - even mini-er gingham....

I chose to cover my card base in pinstripe top to bottom, and then I inked up the pinstripe backgrounder again and stamped the pinstripe crossways over the centre of the card, so as to get a little striped border top and bottom.

I added a simple focal pint using the Rope border, sentiment and yacht all from Ocean Bound. Couple of sparkles that I coloured to match with copics, done!

A neat thing about the rope border was - I trimmed it out with a 1/8 of an inch border all the way around and then when I used my corner punch on each corner, it was perfectly spaced so that the border was the same with even at the rounded corners! I have one of those wee green EK success corner rounder punches and it seems to be the perfect fit.



Well it's all very glum here today, wee folks trying on school uniform, and me turning up trousers and putting names on bags and shoes etc, the summer is coming to an end for my wee folks and School is looming early this week. I feel a little sorry for them, and for me - I will miss the lazy mornings! Hope your Sunday is treating you well!

4 comments:

  1. This is a super card - love the colours you've used!

    Not long until my Kathryn is back to school too. She's so looking forward to seeing her friends and, I think, to getting back to work too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and the tiny gingham…Sooo excited! Have I told you how much I love this stamp!
    It was so nice to see Cathy be theFriendly Feature….she is the one who first told me all about WMS .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini gingham! And even more mini gingham - yay! Love gingham! We are having mixed emotions too about the end of summer and going back to school and routines! The lazy mornings are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative idea to use the stripes both ways Claire! love how this looks and the great colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!