If you are new to my blog, you might like to know that we are on Day three of our sample previews for tomorrow's release! A stack of new sets and a brand new product for WMS - our own custom die templates, manufactured by the one and only Spellbinders, I cannot tell you how happy these make me! I have actually dreamt of this...!
If you are not new to us, I've been loving the comments you've been leaving me on this post, and after my sample I show you one way that the cameo and Calibur can work beautifully together.
Back to my sample tho - I have this Lantern Card for you. There is a very special relationship between Christmas and Light in my head and the moment I started drawing lanterns I knew it was going to be something I really wanted to do a lot of Christmas prep with.
This Lantern is big for good reason, I have used it on a card here, but you have no idea what an excellent tag this makes, I'll be back with pics of those in a bit.
I made the lantern my focal point here. I trimmed out the panes of my lantern - I used my Cameo and there will be a cut file for this in the Lanterns bundle of cut files. You can see the panel on the left below.
I stamped my candle and the lovely rays of light on a piece of cream card and mounted that in behind, I love how this works. I also trimmed out some of the holly leaves that come in this set, again with the Cameo and mounted them on the roof of the lantern, a little red bow and I was all done....and then I decided that I wanted a little extra detailing around the card, but I didn't want to take away from the main image and so I made up a little scroll frame design and ran that out with the Cameo. I cut it out in kraft card, the same as the card front, and adhered it to the front. I think it gives gorgeous festive detailing to this card (Just fyi, I used Gina K kraft cardstock and had the cameo setting to cover weight and the blade at 7, two passes).
Now, as I was peeling the scroll frame from the carrier sheet, the thought ocurred that the negatives of the design were too good looking a pattern to throw away, and that's when I had this idea...
What if I could get that pattern off the sheet and stick it onto a piece of card, I'd have myself a handy dandy new embossing folder to use with my Grand Calibur.....
So, I applied glue to all the bits left on the sheet, I dug around in my scraps to find the piece that was left over when I cut my panel - I used this as a frame, to give an outside edge to my embossed pattern. Then when the glue was getting tacky, I laid over a large piece of card over the top. I weighted it down with a book and left it for a while to give the glue a chance.
Then I flipped it over and peeled the carrier sheet away to give me a nice new embossing blank.
Made tea to celebrate! Excited at the possibilities for making more embossing blanks from other cut files!!!
Hi, I’m Claire Brennan and I'm a crafter. I am currently designing new stamps for Gina K Designs as well as prepping some of the popular WMS sets for re-release with Gina - it doesn't get any better! Thanks for stopping by, sure hope you see something different here!
Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/blog-buttons.html#ixzz1T71jsG1E
The following companies have supplied me with free product for promotional purposes but I maintain my right to only endorse and use product that I actually love and feel is of great quality and value. I do not promote product that I do not believe in.
Waltzingmouse Stamps Spellbinders Paper Arts Gina K designs