Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Big Cheese of the Week

Hi there!

I hope you have been enjoying the November SOAP so far. Are you maybe starting to feel just a little Christmasey??

I'm here to share this week's Big Cheese winners. We had a ton of new players this week, and I want to welcome each and every one of you! It was so good to have you join us, and I hope you will continue to do so!

It is so exciting to look at all of your creations each week, and I feel like I can tell when you guys have had a happy visit from Royal mail! This week there were lots of cards using the sets released in October. Aren't they fabulous?

This week's winner, Geraldine McCormick, created a clean, simple card that just really struck a chord with me.

I love the non-traditional Christmas color scheme, but still feel all warm and fuzzy from this one. There has been lots of chit chat as to how on trend this Nordic Winter set is right now, and Geraldine has put together a great combination of images. The simple design would be great for holiday cards: easily reproducible (and realistic - my grand ideas always seem to get out of hand, kwim?), totally customizable, you could skip the gems for easy mailing, and totally adorable! What could be better than that?

Geraldine, your card will be added to the Big Cheese highlight album in the WMS Gallery. Please send me an email and I will provide you with a discount code for $10 off (the price of a small set!!) your next Waltzingmouse Stamps purchase.

Raise your hand if you love shaped cards. Yep, me too! They are so fun. Check out this cutie from Cathy Weber.

Um, hand stamped plaid patterned paper on a sailboat? Love it! Cathy combined Off Beat Backgrounds and Pic-Nic Patterns to create this first birthday card. Great one, Cathy!

Finishing us off today is a card from Pauline Pollington that has a simple design, but tons of dimension!

The flowers are from Sewing Box - Hugs and were stamped on different patterned papers, cut out, and layered. Wouldn't a Christmas version using Big Blooms - Poinsettia be really pretty, too? I just really like the impact the colors have on the white background, and the fancy edge to the card. Another beautiful creation, Pauline!

You ladies are just amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work and contributions to the WMS Gallery! We're so glad you're a part of it!

Would you like the opportunity to be chosen for the Big Cheese? Add your direct links (please!) for your newly uploaded projects here in the WMS Forum, a new thread starts every Monday!

Have a great day!
Anya

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!