Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Big Cheese of the Week

Here we are, back again with another week of uploads to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Gallery! I hope you don't mind if I share a few stand-outs before I reveal this week's Big Cheese.

We're starting this week off with Charmaine Stack who put together this black and white beauty:

Elegant, sophisticated, and classic! I think this label from Very Vintage Labels No. 18 is so striking in black, and Charmaine has used it to create a beautiful focal point for her monochromatic card. Love the pearls, too!

Next up we have Helen LeBrett with her Western birthday card:

Back in the Saddle and Way Out West are such a winning combination, and Helen has combined elements from each to create a kickin' cowboy birthday card. Adore the inking she did to create her sunset, and the deckled edges just finish it off!

And last, but definitely not least, is our Big Cheese for this week. Renee Lynch brought a chill to this hot summer with this lovely Christmas card!

A gorgeous combination of papers and embellishments (not to mention one of my favorite sentiments from Compliments of the Season) all wrapped together in a fantastic design! The black elements on the card help your eye to travel around, so you can take in all that vintage goodness. Love it!

Congratulations, Renee! Send me an email and we will provide you with a discount code for your next Waltzingmouse Stamps purchase.

Renee's card will be added to the Big Cheese highlight album in the WMS Gallery. Would you like the opportunity to be chosen? Post your new upload links here, a new thread starts every Monday!

Your work has been outstanding, everyone! I'm looking forward to what you upload to the Gallery this week!

Have a great day!

P.S. Renee, I loved The Hunger Games, too!

5 comments:

  1. All are outstanding cards. Congratulations Renee on being this week's BIG CHEESE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well deserved Renee, a stunning card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Claire. Lovely additions to the gallery, all. Congratulations to Renee - such a great vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting my card Claire!! it gave me a (happy) little start when I saw it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...
    I've settled down now.
    When I came over yesterday and I saw a picture of my card...my first thought was "Why is my card there?"...literally. Apparently not enough caffeine yet.
    When I actually read and realized what was being said...I screamed. Did you hear me? You probably did! Scared my kiddies out of bed...called hubs screaming...he was extremely happy for me because it also meant he actually hadn't done something wrong.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you...
    with all my heart THANK YOU!!!! :)
    I wasn't good for anything yesterday...
    probably still won't be today...
    should probably just get myself a crown saying "Big Cheese" and ride through town waving to everyone as though I am a queen...
    but a queen that unfortunately has laundry to do.
    Thank you...
    you made my entire week!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!