Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

...TAG- You're it!! Challenge!!


ED - Good Question Mary - yup you can enter as many times as you like, but be sure to enter each tag individually, kwim? Even if you make say, three tags and write them all up in one blog post, make sure you enter 3 links in the inlinkz thingy below, that way when I'm going through, I will know to look out for each tag. AND since the random number thingy will be working on the number of entries, the more tags you enter, the better your chance of winning the overall prize!!!

When I released our October new stamps I mentioned that I was going to run a little competition, Finally, I have managed to grab 20 mins to write this post detailing the challenge!

I'm calling it the "Tag - you're it!" WMS Christmas Challenge 2010. Catchy eh?

I am offering a £100GBP voucher for the WMS store. In return I want to see beauty and elegance!! not too much to ask is it? lol. You will be able to use the voucher to purchase anything in the store, dies, stamps or digi stuff.

What I want you to do is to make a tag, any size, any shape, I want Christmas tags of course! I want you to think 'beauty' and 'elegant' I want to see lovely tags, they may be CAS or vintage, distressed, minimalist, much-ivalist, lol, any style you want, BUT there will be spot prizes for tags that me and the girlies think are particulary beautiful or elegant, I just want to see prettiness! So, gimme your best frills, your finest feathers, your most prized pearls! LOL.

You may use any stamps of your choice but be sure to read all the deets, If you are the winner, you could get extra if you use WMS on your tag!!! See below

Here's the Schedule:

• You have from now until November 6th to make a tag, photograph it and upload it to somewhere on the web so's we can all visit you and drool all over your fabby creation. You may post to blogs, galleries such as SCS, the WMS gallery, or other hosts such as Flikr or Photobucket etc, anywhere - Just as long as you can provide us with a link to find it!! It's great if we can leave comments but I know this isn't always possible.

• Once you have a link for your Tag, insert it into the Inlinkz feature at the end of this blog post, I will post a link to this post on the side of the blog so's you can find it when you come back!!

• Submissions close on Nov 6th.

• On November 7, we will announce the grand winner as part of our November release post - yup we're holding the November release on the 7th!!!!

• On November 7, we will also announce the spot prizes awarded for tags that especially tickle, me an the ladies will have a wee vote on this!! There will be 3 spot prizes, each winning a stamp set each.

The overall winner will be chosen via the random number thingy, And Here's the extra juicy bit - If your tag features WMS, you will get bonus credit to the value of £25!!!! you could stand to win £125 of WMS goodies!! (that's approx $199 US, $202 CAD, $202AUD, 143Euros!!!)

I cheated slightly today in that my tag doesn't scream Christmas but is subtly festive! LOL, but as usual I'm crafting on the run between packing orders!!

I chose to gussie up a jar candle, this was a cracking wee find in a bargain shop, a lovely jar with a handle on it!! the candle is Red Apple scented and will make a neat teachers helper gift...or maybe I'll give it to myself! lol,

I used:
Stamps: Holiday labels No.14 frame, sentiment from Nutcracker Sweet.
Ink: Versacolour, pinecone and Burgundy
Card: plain cream from a local LSS, unbranded.
Ribbon: from stash....erm...sorry
Buttons: PTI Chocolate Bown buttons
String: fine linen string, harware store
Other: Rusty Metal Star on a piece of rusty metal wire (craft fair find) and a Pinecone




Hope it tickles!

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lOOOOOOve this game !!!!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag...for me this is not subtly Christmas....this IS Christmas!!! Tartan is always Christmas! Always popular at craft fairs in those days when this time of the year was frantic for stall holders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I grow up, I wanna make awesome plaid ribbon tags juuuuust like you, Claire! This is SO GORGOUS! I love the pinecone and the little rustic baubles at the bottom...but that plaid ribbon, oooooohhhhh myyyyy the colors and the way you tied it, sooo SPECTACULAR! PS: best and most generous prizes EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great challenge - but I'll wait to do mine until my new WMS stamps arrive! They shipped already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your tag and can't wait till I can work on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited about this one Claire! I already have one tag ready to go.

    Just wondering, if I have more than one should I combine into one blog post and link to that--since it is a random winner should we only enter once?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I like the sound of this and hope to play along too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Claire!! This is a fabulous competition and the prize is just brilliant. I shall get my thinking cap on.

    Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely challenge, Claire! I will definitely be finding time to play...ooooh, it's been too long! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH...count me in. I am off to make a tag. Great challenge Claire. :)
    Your jar candle is super sweet. Love the metal wire charm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh beauty and elegance......not sure that's an Aussie thing.........good job I'm a POM!
    Love your tag, gorgeous ribbon and the jar!!! What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge - I love challenges!
    But, I petty you, because I see a lot of beauty rolling up to you ... I do not want to be in your shoes to make a decision ... you asked for it! i am looking forward to see all the prettyness...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic challenge! I love making tags. I'm grateful for the extra week too! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's my first tag. You just may be seeing more of me on this challenge! The prize is well worth coming back for more!!! this one was so easy and fun I made a few more just like it, well let me say, similar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claire, thank you very much for this great challenge! I've also made a tag; it's actually the first tag I've ever made and so it is rather simple. But it was fun making it and I will put it on my blog this afternoon.

    Have a nice day!
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a ball with this Claire...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Claire... my mother in law has created a tag to enter, but the linky tool won't let me put more than one link from the same blog post... I'll re-do another post for her tag, but I wonder if others have run into this? Anyway... if you were wondering, it won't work that way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANKS for a FUN challenge Claire! I am feeling so TAGGISH now! LOL! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello there,

    I can't add my third link, mister linky says that there is already this link but not,

    http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr/post/2010/11/04/%22Tag-you-re-it!%22-WMS-Christmas-Challenge-2010-3

    (instead of http://www.lescartesdecarole.fr/post/2010/11/04/%22Tag-you-re-it!%22-WMS-Christmas-Challenge-2010-2)

    I will try later...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This has been a really fun challenge. I've even managed to come up with two tags!! There are some stunning tags in the collection - and I've got a few ideas for my family tags too - thanks ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Claire,

    Oeh, I'm so happy I just made it for this challenge, hi hi, I was sooo busy at work and time slipped away, but I loved this theme, so I knew I wanted to join and I immediately had an idea in mind, hi hi, and yesterday I found the time to make it! I put my link there and here (http://wbtenhove.blogspot.com/2010/11/tag-youre-it-wms-challenge.html). Wow, very exciting! It's the first time I joined one, hope to have a chance! Love this challenge! A wonderful weekend to you!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was the first to comment on this challenge and probably the last to post a tag. I need more hours in the day.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  24. not the last, eveline! by the skin of my teeth! LOL whew

    ReplyDelete
  25. No frills ... no feathers ... no pearls ... actually not sure it's necessarily beutiful nor indeed elegant. BUT it is a tag and will be handy for one of the little stocking filler gifts that Santa and his elves always leave for the kids on Christmas morning =)

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!