Pages

Sunday 1 November 2009

...Oct/Nov 09 release day 2


Today I've got a couple of cards for you that use the new set Vintage Labels No.1. (Due for release in a couple of days here on the blog and in my store!) It's another set in the series of stamp sets that fit Spellbinders dies. I love the extra versatility these add to my huge (shhh!) collection of Spellbinders. By now, you will realise that the stamps are named according to the spellbinders dies they co-ordinate with. Labels No.4 goes with the labels 4 dies, Labels No.1 matches the labels 1 dies and so it will continue.

I particularly love this image, stamped in black and clear embossed, on this Holiday Wishes card. It's quite a versatile frame. For this card I just stamped the complete frame which consists of a 'feathered' outline that fits the die shape nicely and a smaller circular feathered frame inside it. The feathers are reminiscent of feather stitching patterns you find on quilts.

What's fab about it was that, after cutting out the label shape with the die I was able to colour the actual label with copics. The feathered lines break it up nicely so that colouring looks effective!!! I chose festive green and red and made it a holiday card with the addition of a sentiment and some holly from the Very Vintage Christmas set, already available.

I matted my label on a black mat trimmed slightly larger than the label itself.
I folded a little red ribbon into points and adhered it to the reverse before pulling red and white striped ribbon through the loops. Adhered that to a piece of sparkly green paper, mounted all on a black card.


Today's second card uses a smaller frame, a little vintage inspired frame. Her it is stamped in burgundy versacolour onto rustic cream card. Trimmed it out with the corresponding die. I then took a smaller die and cut out the centre making a little card frame. I cut out another of the labels in the larger size and stamped a snowflake and sentiment, both Very Vintage Christmas set, onto this. I mounted the wee frame on top to add a bit of dimension. Popped a button in between the layers at either end.

I stamped the snowflake in a sort of lime colour, because I liked the contrast and then scrabbled around looking for a piece of cardstock to match!! luckily I had a random bit! lol. I stamped it with the checquerboard stamp from Off Beat backgrounds and finished the edges with a larger label die.

I popped this all together on a piece of scarlet cardstock that I had run through a holly leaf cuttlebug folder and mounted it on a card.



Hope they tickle!!

I'll hopefully be back tomorrow with some more samples!!

I am hoping to open the release very soon. I had planned for monday but the customs hold up is a bother. I really don't feel able to start until I have all my stock actually in my hand, but I've a few things to show yet so hopefully you don't mind looking at samples for a day or two!!!!lol.

30 comments:

  1. Outstanding Claire...aren't these just the most magnificent creations! I just adore the way your have run your ribbon through your rolled ribbon. Just GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great! That first card is really outstanding. Looking forward to the release and of course that secret set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these Claire, now all I need is some more nesties and matching stamp sets to pretty them up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are ridiculously gorgeous Claire! You are a genious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!!! Wow....they are gorgeous. I am actually speechless....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have SUCH a way with ribbon, Claire! AMAZING! These stamps & your sample cards are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous! Love them and so creative! I really love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg these labels are divine Claire!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these samples Claire! I can't wait to order this set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, I like these! Being able to combine our stamps with our favorite dies is awesome! Show us more samples!! Please... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like another awesome set Claire, and your cards are beautiful ... can't wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh-ah, my word-ah! These are gorgeous (I hoped lables 1 were in the offering so therefore in my shopping bin). I adore the way you've introduced the ribbon piece and can see many more being re-created thanks to your generous inspiration. I love the excitement of your releases!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn (stampinscotsgirl)2 November 2009 at 00:42

    OMG Claire, these are wonderful and I am in love with this new set already! I absolutely love the way you did your ribbon on your first card! You are so clever and creative! Can't wait for your release!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are fabulous--you always add all those little touches that make them so special. This set is going to be wonderful--great companion to the nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!! I already have Labels 1 dies, so this stamp set is a must have! I bought the labels 4 stamp set from you, and I love it, but I haven't been able to find the nesties anywhere yet, so it's not quite as easy to use as it would be with the nesties. Keep the awesome sets coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY!! I love your Vintage Labels images!! And your fabulously gorgeous and creative cards showcase them beautifully too!!

    I have to add, your ribbon treatment on the first card is outstanding too!! I always enjoy seeing what you'll come up with next!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the greens and your wonderful ribbon treatment on the first card Claire! and the 2nd label is so pretty in the soft colors - love the popped up framing! what a great new set!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. More amazing designs - be still my heart!! I'll wait until the cows come home as long as it means I have these stamps in my inky little hands very soon. More please!! LOL Oh, and still waiting for that password. Hope I didn't miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Claire! I'm hopping up and down on one foot and then the other waiting for the full reveal! I can already tell you to put me down for one of each stamp set! When are we going to see the Secret Mystery Set???? This is torture! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ever since you did Labels 4 which is a die I don't have, I have been hoping you would do Labels 1 very soon - my favourite of the nestie shapes! Thankyou - wish come true! This is top of my list and can't wait to order - hope you've got enough stock in - it's going to be popular!!!!!! Your samples with it just gorgeous, I'm going to be CASEing the second one straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you have enough of those... put me in the list for 'deperatly want them' .... and start right away to make a new order.... your samples are sooo good, don't wonder if we all HAVE TO buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful, Claire! Can't wait to see the whole set! Love the ribbon on the 1st card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a breathtaking set and I just love what you created with it. I'm going to have to buy some nesties b/c your sets are must haves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Claire, these are just fantastic. I love that the designs are elegant and sophisticated! Your second card with the cut out frame is amazing. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are AMAZING! I think that designing stamps to go along with the Spellbinders dies is simply genius! And the cards you made with them is pure art! Beautiful! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see more samples with this gorgeous set.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful Claire!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful samples - I look forward to the full releases!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Claire---You always do the greatest thing with ribbon!! I SO love what you are doing~these labels dies are yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!