Pages

Thursday 19 March 2009

...a little birdie


Couldn't resist cutting out one of the little birdie images from the patterned paper Beverly sent - It's in the Bloom paper kit pack from My Mind's Eye. Get it from Beverly here.

I inked round the edges in black to tidy it up a bit and then mounted it on papers from the collection, there's a deep green/blue mat that came from my stash but the orange and pink are both in the pack. - I put the whole lot on a black card base (PTI cardstock) after I had run it through the swiss dots folder.

I made up the sentiment from PTI Simple alphabet. And I stamped a tree (beyond basic borders - PTI) under the birdie.

It's a really quick simple card but I think the wee birdie is so cute and I wanted to make him a focal point. There are larger bird die cuts in the kit - great if you're making a larger card or scrap book layout.

Hope it tickles.

11 comments:

  1. what a great card. I've been loving all of these that you've made with that fabulous paper the last few days. I will need to find some!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so cute, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! I really love that you put it all on the embossed black...they colors just jump off the card! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW, Claire! Your card with the MME supplies are all FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, the colors on this are so stunning and vivid! So beautiful! I love how it all was put on the black card. I've been using black mattes more and more. Your card is just stunning! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this cute card Claire :) its very striking against the black background :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OuuulalalalaLA! I am mad for the colours you've been using lately. You are SUCH a fantastic artist & trend setter! Love all of your original details. WOW!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!