Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2016

... Gina K October Inspiration Blog Hop Day 3, don't forget your free cut files....


Afternoon folks and welcome to day 3 of our fabulous blog hop celebrating the new Gina K releases! Today, we are featuring Beth Silaika’s new Ian Moose stamp set and my stamp sets: Nordic Winter, Noel, Festive Foliage and Compliments of the Season.

Beth’s set, Ian Moose is the most adorable moose with cute accompanying images and fun sentiments! Gina reckons my stamp sets are the best in classic and traditional stamps celebrating this holiday season! I'm going to go right along with that and hope you like them too!


First up is Ian Moose - a cracking scene building set - here it is in its entirety:

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2748&categoryId=16
For my Christmas scene card, I watercoloured a loose background and allowed this to dry thoroughly, then I stamped my Ian Moose scene in memento inks and used copics to colour it in. I over stamped the scene with little tiny snowflakes and filled in their little ends with a white gel pen. I added a red frame using cardstock from the kit and dashed a little stitching in with a white gel pen. Can't wait to see what scenes you build with this set!


OK, I have 4 sets out this release and I went a bit crazy with samples for this one, Nordic Winter. I do believe this may be my very favouritest set ever, it's like choosing a favourite child, but judging by how many times I reach for this set over other sets, it may be the case...


http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2750&categoryId=16


Ever since I first drew this set I've been meaning to get around to making little jumpers with it. I wanted them for tags, for tree ornaments and they look great on the front of a card also! Perfect also for masculine Christmas cards I think? What say you?

The Nordic Winter set is full of images that are made up of individual knitting stitch shapes - look closely and you will see they are actually the correct shape. I know this because I drew every last one of them. This gives them an authentic print, and when you stamp with these, your projects really do take on that knitted look.


 FREE Cut Files

If you fancy making these little jumpers with your Nordic Winter set, it could not be simpler - I have here free for you the template - you can chose the .pdf printable template that you can print out and stamp on to, and then trim out. OR you can chose the .svg Cut files included if you have an electronic cutter. I will do a how-to on this in the next few days, once you see how easy it is, you won't look back.

Simply CLICK HERE to get these files,choose from ether the printable PDF or the cut file in .svg form to suit your needs.

The files are really simple to use, one is the overall jumper shape, in the card below it is cut out in green card. There are 3 other shapes, one jumper body and two arm pieces and you can use all or none. For my green jumper I left off the arms.


For my stone coloured jumper I used both arm pieces and the jumper body on top of the full jumper. I stamped different strips from Nordic Winter across the body of the jumper to create a nice jumper design. My kid says these are quite 'hipster' whatever that means... The sentiment is from Festive Foliage and is a nice relaxed style, which suits these perfectly.


A little trick I like to do is to use a pencil or stylus to score the back of the overall jumper shape, just along the bottom where the cuffs and waistband fall - I make small scratches to suggest the ribbing that you normally see in the cuffs of a knitted sweater - I did the neckband too. I used a little Gina K white pigment ink, just lightly sponged along the cuffs and neckband, this really brings out the ribbing, I swear this could not be any easier, it's so simple I'm thinking of doing a video, I don't think I could mess this up...LOL we will see.

Using the Nordic Winter set creates nearly limitless possibilities for jumper design!


Of course you can make cards with it too, here's a nice tonal one I made with Kraft cardstock, some of the dark brown and Ivory cards in Gina's Kit and matching Inks from Gina's range.

I loved it so much I went and dressed up a baggie to match...which also needed a tag...


I adore these tags... here's another one made with the jumper files!!!



I think it makes a neat 'man' set in these colours! Look how great that Gina K Ivory ink holds out against the darker colours, it really pops!

You can also be brave and try using traditional Christmas colours with Nordic Winter ;) I adore all of the different variations you can make by combining the strips and motif stamps - this little Christmas gift set is one of my faves. I like the Scandinavian design feel you get using just red and white.




OK I'm also meant to be showing you some samples for other stamp sets too so here's the 'Noel' stamp set - a set featuring larger than average Christmas greetings

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2753&categoryId=16

And a few things I rustled up:


Yep, guilty, I used a single stamp from Nordic Winter on this to create a little gift-able ornament for the front of my card. The sentiment I used is a  fair size and fits the bottom third of a card front quite well on it's own and so I just gave it the chalkboard treatment and let it speak for itself.

I love the chalkboard feel and there seemed no better technique to really show off the typography on these sentiments, here's a tag I made for a little tin gift box:


By curving your large labels you can get them to sit up quite nicely on the top of boxes, nobody ever said gift tags had to be flat...





The smallest of the sentiments is quite fun on it's own also.


Go ahead and churn out a bunch of tags while you are at it, the beauty of large typography is that it doesn't need images if you are short of time. - each of my tags above are the same - I stamped in black which was clear heat embossed onto the simplest of shapes - a circle (- I KNOW you have a circle die somewhere) - and then I had a little fun with the edges. 

I used glue and glitter on the red tag. I dipped the edge of the gold tag in Versamark before dipping it again in gold embossing powder and using the heat gun to set it. Back to glue and grassy glitter for the green tag. Each got matching ribbon and a white jingle bell. The work of moments.

This next card was one I hared at the release party, just popping it up here in case you missed it!


The holly sprig in this card is from the next set:


http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2751&categoryId=16

Festive Foliage is full of winter themed foliage - perfect for Christmas and the months either side.

I'm going to be just a little bit sneaky and show you something that Debbie Olson made with Festive Foliage - and the Noel set - which just made my heart go pitter patter:


Isn't that marvellous? I adore that card.

 Since we are already at picture overload, I'm going to slow down a bit with samples and maybe post a couple over the next few days, I know I'm rambling on a bit and you have all the other DT to get to also...

my last set today is Compliments of the Season:

http://www.shop.ginakdesigns.com/product.sc?productId=2752&categoryId=16

In the spirit of well prepared hosts everywhere, here are two projects I made earlier with the Compliments of the Season set.



 And here's one I made yesterday, and yes that is Nordic Winter...again....can't help it...


I did use the Compliments of the Season set for the interiors, I felt i was the perfect fit for these fun knitted beanie cards - Let it snow! I have my woolly hat on!



Do you fancy having a go at this? If you do, just let me know in the comments, I could easily whip up a template for these also... again, super quick and simple, any colour you like... :)

Don't forget to comment!


OK, I really should be letting you go now, I've held on to you for way too long already, don't forget to leave a comment, I know you're exhausted, but you could win a $20 Gina K Designs gift certificate! To see who won, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hop.



If you have plenty of stamina, you might be ready for more inspiration -   Just click on the links below for more from Gina and the Cast & Crew:

Gina K
Beth Silaika – Illustrator for Ian Moose
Claire Brennan - You are here
Cathy Tidwell
Donna Idlet 
Chris Dayton


Don’t forget to pop over to the Gina K Designs Store and check out all of the new products available this month in the “What’s New” section at http://www.ginakdesigns.com.


Thanks for stopping by!

143 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, Claire! Your sets are amazing and each sample is so creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have enough words for all these amazing projects today! Your sweater and hats are to die for! The tags! The cards! The gifts! I die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to. Thanks for all of the inspiration and ideas you have provided for us. I think the Nordic Winter is going to be a go to stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you didn't post yesterday! Busy Busy making such beautiful projects! The Nordic Winter is fabulous and your "jumpers" are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, tiny bit busy Jeanne! thanks for popping in!

      Delete
  5. OMG I love your sweater cards and I'd love to have the hat pattern. Your projects are all fabulous. I love the sets, but that Nordic Winter is the BOMB! So many great possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Just working on the hat now!

      Delete
  6. WOW! What a wonderful collection of creations! I love the sweaters, the hats, and all the other things! You have been one busy lady! :) Love the tags too. Thank you for inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire- You are amazing. The sweaters are my most favorite ones, although they are all terrific! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a knitter, I can't even begin to tell you how much I APPRECIATE YOU and your Nordic stamps. Oh golly, I have goose bumps. Yes PLEASE a hat template too!! Thank you SO much for this inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah brilliant, chuffed to hear this! Working on the hat!

      Delete
  9. Wow you have some amazing sets, so hard to choose! Thanks for the template!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh goodness! I need all of the sweater stamps..Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome collection! My daughter knits and she would love the Nordic set. All of these designs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Claire, these are all awesome! I love the sweaters and hats - thinking teen grandsons - and the tags, and labels, and, well all of them! Thanks for sharing you talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! Clarire, these little jumpers are just wonderful! The templates are great - thank you. And I love, love Festive Foliage (which is just a bit different to before). I think all your examples are fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Deborah, good spot, it had to change a little due to the new plate sizes! hugs to you!

      Delete
  14. OMG! Claire all your creativity just spilled out into so many wonderful projects. Where to start? My Lord, were you ever a busy bee with these sets. Thanks for so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really appreciate your kind words! Ta for popping in!

      Delete
  15. WOW!! You are rocking the cards for this release Claire!! I love the little sweater and all your fun chalkboard creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What an awesome array of projects. The sweater cards are super. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Nordic Winter stamp set. So wonderful! I downloaded the PDF for the sweater. Thanks so, so much! And I'd love one for the hat, too. I also am in love with your cute moose card...so bright and cheerful. And a video on how you do these sweater (jumper) cards and tags would be so great! I can't believe how much you made to share with all of us on Day 3 of this blog hop. Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep working on the hat Sherrie! and warming up to doing a video... Thanks for popping in!

      Delete
  18. Absolutely love your wonderful projects that you made with these sets. And, I love those sweaters and knit hats and sure wish I had the means to use your cut files. But alas, I don't so I will have to pass on your freebie. But thanks so much for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a printable too Verna! check out the link, it's been updated with a vest and stocking also! Thanks for popping in!

      Delete
  19. Oh yes, please please please a tutorial would be fab!!! I would love to follow along (video or not) as you make these just as much as I would love to try them myself.
    I also have to say how thrilled I am that I have a new chance at buying your designs through Gina's store (yes, I panicked when I heard WMS store was closing). So glad that you two nice people are doing business together and that I can support you both when I purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks Keeral! What a lovely comment! and yep video to come....

      Delete
  20. Claire, I'm totally in love with the Nordic Winter set! Fortunately it's on it's way to my house with a few other goodies. I am downloading the "jumper" cut file for sure! We call it sweater here, hehe. I can't get enough of all the wonderful projects you posted. Thanks so much for the marvelous inspiration! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah brilliant Gabi, cannot wait to see what you make...

      Delete
  21. very pretty cards! love the sweater and hat cards

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW I just love all you made Gina K is getting a great talent on her team.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Nordic set, it's amazing. Maybe one day i will buy it even the shippingcosts are a little too much for me (the netherlands).
    Your samples with this set are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can understand your love for this
    sweater set. I love it too.
    Using it for the tags and the cards
    is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You have been busy....so many wonderful creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!!! You have been busy......all of the cards were wonderful...thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your Nordic Winter set. What fun. I definitely have this on my must have list. I love all your samples. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, I am breathless with awe at your amazing cards - they are simply gorgeous and those cute little Nordic sweaters are to die for. LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW WOW WOW. Thanks for the cut file. Love the sweater look.

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG you have been really busy making all these spectacular cards. Some great ideas and so much to view I shall have to come back again and again. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  31. THat sweater set is just perfect! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG such fun and pretty projects! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Claire what an amazing post full of wonderful inspiration!!!! I love all of your amazing designs!!!! Would love a PDF of the hat too! :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are so talented!! Great ideas and thanks for the tips and the cut files. You are a wonderful designer.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! Lots of terrific ideas! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The Nordic pattern and all you did with it is so fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Claire, your designs are AWESOME! So elegant! So beautiful! And so CLEVER! One of our daughters had a fave Nordic sweater during her high school days. She would love a card with some of your stitches stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Barbara, glad you liked them!

      Delete
  38. The sweaters are soooo cute! Thanks for the file.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow wow wow Fantastic inspiration! Thanks for spoiling us

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow wow wow fantastic inspiration, thank you for spoiling us!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So many great projects, I see why you got carried away. I can't wait to do the sweater and the hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow Claire, all amazing! Thanks for all of the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amazing sweaters and knitted hats...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow--these are all amazing. Love the sweater designs.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful cards and projects. What a cute sweater! Thanks for the files.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my goodness, so many beautiful creations! The sweater cards and g=hat ones, WOW! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love all of your cards and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Super cute ideas, those sweaters are so neat!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! All those wonderful creations! You've been busy!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow! Wow! Wow! So much fabulous inspiration here that I don't even know where to start commenting! Love, love those wonderful sweaters (jumpers). Thanks for the templates! Can't wait to play with those and would love to have a hat template, too! (Please)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay and yep, I'm working on the hat!

      Delete
  51. Wow! I had a great time here looking through all of your wonderful photos and reading your blog today. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! Amazing work. Love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabulous cards and gift ideas! Love the endless possibilities with this fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Beautiful cards and love the jar with the Nordic pattern...and the chalkboard tags...and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Claire, I love seeing your work as always! These Christmas sets are gorgeous!
    I'm sure you get this a lot, but there are a couple wms things I'm still dying for. Do you know if any place I might have luck finding the count stamp/die or other Halloween sets??
    Thanks, Kim ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, pop me a note on Facebook, I might be able to help you out! :)

      Delete
  56. Wow! So many wonderful and inspiring cards, tags, and great ideas for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wow, wonderful projects! Love the sweaters, the hats and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Oh I have two of those stamp sets but loving all your samples, especially the woolly jumpers, I hope to give it a go myself now. Thanks for the crafty inspiration.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  59. Claire, I'm your newest fan! After placing an order for three stamps (not all seasonal), I realized they're all yours. Well done! I'd love a video on the sweaters, as well as a cut file on the hat. Also, is there a file or die available for the Festive Foliage pine cones and sprigs? They look so neatly cut. Cheers and continue the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah many thanks Leslie! yep working on all of that! lol!! Will post here when the vid and hat are ready, will look into the other stuff also!

      Delete
  60. Claire I love these! I caved and bought the Nordic set when I saw the sweaters, PLEASE create a template for the hat too PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love all of your cards, tags and other items. Your new stamp sets are awesome, I love them all

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  62. Claire, all I can say is WOW! Oh, and yes to everything, a video and the template.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow Claire, I love all your cars and tags! Thank you so much for the SVG file for the sweater, I cannot wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I would love to see a video of how to stamp the various patterns. Yes, please, on the hat template!!! So unique!!! Thanks for all your inspiring cards and tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Awesome! Awesome! Yes please on the how to video for the sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love the cute things :) Thank you for sharing the templates for the vest etc.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wow... How wonderful are all of these cards/projects!! Loving seeing your fabulous sets again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Lady, you sure did go wild. What a great bunch of cards. You should be set for this year.LOL.It is very generous of you to supply the cut files for the sweater. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love your samples using the Nordic Winter set - so much so that I've just ordered the set & can't wait for it to arrive. Please do a video of making the sweaters. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! yep, gathering together the nerve to do a vid! lol!

      Delete
  70. Great cards, Claire, and thanks for the free files - I live the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Many thanks Jacki! glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!