Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

...photos of Connemara

Derryclare lough, Connemara, Ireland
Derryclare Lough, Connemara, Ireland
Good evening all, I have a few snaps for you -(if you click on them, they should get bigger) it's been a while since we had some pics of Ireland here on the blog, and that's mostly cos it's been a while since I've been traveling, but we did manage to scoot down to Connemara for a few days last month. I thought you might like to see these while I'm footering in the background with the blog - hoping to refresh it a little, so bear with me, things might be out of whack for a day or two!

Derryclare Lough, Connemara, Ireland
Derryclare Lough, Connemara, Ireland
 If I was a real photographer, I'd p'shop out those telegraph wires... I would love a good camera, but for my level of knowledge, the point and shoot does ok. I can wholeheartedly recommend the boat trip - the children go free and the onboard catering is yummy! Hot chocolate and apple pie while cruising in Ireland, doesn't get any better.

Donkey in Inagh Valley, Connemara, Ireland
Donkey in Inagh Valley, Connemara, Ireland




The Connemara Lady cruise boat, Killary Fjord, Ireland
View from The Connemara Lady cruise boat, Killary Fjord, Ireland
View from The Connemara Lady cruise boat, Killary Fjord, Ireland

Mist, Killary Fjord, Ireland
Mist coming down to the boat, Killary Fjord, Ireland

Mist, Killary Fjord, Ireland
More Mist!










7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. I love when you share photos of Ireland.
    Thanks
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful part of the world to be sure !!! You had some great weather. There's something very romantic about the mist in the west of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! We really must visit Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in a beautiful country. I love when you post photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational pictures! I feel like I just took a mini vacation. Maybe someday I will really visit. Thank you, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire it's lovely! Thank you for sharing.. and so glad you had the chance to enjoy life for a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful Claire! I never thought of visiting Ireland until I found your blog, but it's on my to visit list now! I can't even imaging living in such a forever green place with such amazing ancient pieces of history too! Anything "old" here is a few hundred years old (the missions that the Spanish built are the oldest!) Thanks for showing us: I always love seeing the places you share with us! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!