Good Friday Night to you!! Just posting a quick tag - we have our tag competition underway here, are you gonna play? Good!
This is a fun little tag I made with a Spellbinders labels 5 die and the corresponding stamp from a much underused set - Little Box Labels. I love the shape of this and I remember designing it, thinking that it would be fun to be able to trim out that larger circle and put something in behind.
So I made up a double tag - two identical die cuts, held together with a brad - this allows the front part of the tag to pivot so that you can reveal the image underneath.
The 'Greetings' on the top part of the tag is from Say it loud - Winter Holiday. Foliage is from Festive Foliage. It was a real hotch potch of stamps last night, but I was just footering with whatever was on my table. Hope it tickles.
Got a quick how-to for anyone who has Little box labels and would like to know how to trim out that larger circle. It's easy if you have a Spellbinders circle die, you can just line the circle up on the image, but If you would like to use a 1 inch punch here is a neat method:
1. Stamp label, trim it out with a Spellbinders Labels 5 die template. Take a piece of scrap and punch out 1 inch circle, keep the circle and the left over bit.
2. Line up the circle inside the larger circle shape on the stamped label, adhere with a tiny amount of glue or tape.
3. Fit the leftover bit of card over the circle, being careful not to move the circle.
4. carefully (with tweezers?) remove the circle keeping the left over bit in place and use a pencil to draw a line around the inside of the punched out circle. You can still see my wee tiny bit of left over glue in the pic below where i removed the circle.
5. Remove the spare card to reveal the drawn circle.
6. Use the drawn circle as a guide for your punch and voila, a perfecly placed punched circle, right where you want it.
Hi, I’m Claire Brennan and I'm a crafter. I am currently designing new stamps for Gina K Designs as well as prepping some of the popular WMS sets for re-release with Gina - it doesn't get any better! Thanks for stopping by, sure hope you see something different here!
Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/blog-buttons.html#ixzz1T71jsG1E
The following companies have supplied me with free product for promotional purposes but I maintain my right to only endorse and use product that I actually love and feel is of great quality and value. I do not promote product that I do not believe in.
Waltzingmouse Stamps Spellbinders Paper Arts Gina K designs