Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

...Get creative with your cameos


Did you enjoy the release ladies? We were delighted by all of the lovely comments you folks left on the DT blogs! - Lynn posted earlier today about the Blog waltz winner - just scroll down to see if it was you!

Today I have a wee 'How - To' for you - it was something I stumbled over when making samples and it's a neat trick for use with my cameos, but I can picture other things i could do with it.... :)

I specifically wanted to add a detail to my cameo lady - she's from the Cameo to go set and I had heat embossed her with some white powder - it wasn't the fine detail stuff cos I was looking for a sort of antique finish.

I thought I would give her a pearl ear ring, so I pierced her 'ear' right where I thought it would be, with a sharp pin.


Next I put out a blob of white paint on a tiny bit of scrap card. Card is better than paper for this.


Next I set the pierced hole directly over the blob of paint, and pressed down rather hard.


The paint oozes up through the hole, making a perfect little pearl shaped ear-ring. Now leave it to set completely. You might try making a pearl necklet in this way too - I haven't done one yet, but I am itching to try!


I found that this technique was much tidier than trying to dot one on with my gel pen, I kept getting unruly blobs, but maybe I'm just not that handy with a gel pen, anyhow, hope it tickles!!

13 comments:

  1. You are so creative! I would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so looking forward to gettin this set - roll on the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative and controlled way to achieve this great result. Well done, and thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool idea Claire! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huh..who would have thought...not me. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative idea! I always have problems making tiny dots with my white gel pen too... thought it was just me!

    And that's the most perfect round blob of paint I've ever seen! It's almost a shame to smoosh it up underneath the cameo. ;) But it really does make a nice earring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tip! Sounds like you rather enjoyed "sticking a hole" through this little gal! LOL! We all express our frustration in different ways! I must try this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!