Pages

Tuesday 2 February 2010

...Day 3, second post, Little Basket, more circles...


I promised you a different version of the basket and here it is!! I made it to show off some of the circle stamps that are releasing Thursday!! (scroll down for today's earlier post!)

If you're new to my blog, you might want to bookmark me and call back on Thursday to see the 4 NEW photopolymer stamp sets that I'll be releasing. The fun will kick off on my blog on Thursday at around 7pm my time. I'm not so clever with the time zone thing but I think I'm around 6-8 hours ahead of folks in America, Australia, um... not sure...will try to find out.
I will be showing the complete sets on Thursday and my gorgeous Design Team ladies will be hosting a blog hop - with Prizes!!! Don't miss out!

Between now and then I will be continuing showing samples, scroll down to see the 3-4 previous posts with samples for this next release.

Back to my wee basket! One of the sets I'm releasing is called Spring Baskets and features images that you can use to make 2 different types of basket, I thought it would be rather fun to actually make some baskets. This is quite a nifty wee basket, the template has been designed so that you can make both of the baskets I've shown today from the same template!!

And yes, you know where I am going with this!! lol. Waltzingmouse Stamps will be offering occasional templates for purchase!!! Starting with this Spring Baskets template!!

If you know me at all you know I love making templates. I have a small stock of free templates that can be accessed at Splitcoaststampers and I am aiming to have them available in the store, they will still be free of course I just think it may be handier for some folks to get at them

Added to this I will have a selection of templates for sale. I will start with this basket available as a printable template grow from there hopefully. I am learning how to add this sort of functionality to my store at present and I hope to make the template available shortly after the release. It will of course be a downloadable pdf and I'm hoping that folks who like the Spring Baskets stamps will be able to download the Spring Baskets template before their stamps arrive!!

And nope! this is not the end of the free templates, I will still be making free templates, I have a slider box and a little gift box coming your way soon, both free, but larger and more involved templates that take a load of time to draw and develop will be offered for sale at a very reasonable cost, stay tuned for more on this.



There are two sets of circle stamps releasing on Thursday, Vintage Circles and Faux Fun Circles. Both sets have mainly been designed around the smaller of the Classic Circles sets by Spellbinders, with some of the smallest circles sized for use with a 1.5 inch circle punch, a size I find handy for making wee tags and accents.

I sized them in this way so that I could stamp a circle, cut it out with a die and then use a die from the Classic Circles Large size to make a mat for it. It is the worst kept secret of my life that I am addicted to Spellbinders and there will be stamps to match the larger size circles at some point.lol.


I couldn't resist using some of the circles to decorate my basket, these stamps are so versatile. Above, the panels on the outside of the basket were each stamped with a large, fairly solid circular image that has a blank panel in the centre for a sentiment, (if you scroll down to the end of this post I have used this image to make a card, it's from the Vintage circles-small set) I particularly love the antique victorian feel of this stamp! Within each blank space I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment from Spring Baskets. I made a separate liner for the basket, also contained within the template, and trimed the edge in a curve that sits proud of the edges of the basket. I used pinking shears this time. And there's that knitted texture again! lol!

On the back side of the curves I stamped a portion of another circular border stamp. You can just see it peeping over the rim in the pic above.

The tag also features a little vintage circle stamp from the Vintage circles-small set.

Below you can see how I stamped the solid victorian circle again, right in the centre of the liner, and then stamped Happy Easter again in the base. Each of the panels of the liner are stamped with a circle from the Faux Fun circles set, this image is a sort of negative version of the solid circle stamp from Vintage circles-small I tried so hard to decide between these two circles when I was designing the stamps but I just couldn't cut either of them!! I'm so glad I didn't! A little matching flower motif was stamped in the blank spaces.




Next up is the card I was born to make!! lol, I just LOVE this card!! It features the victorian circular solid stamp I talked about above. In the blank space in the centre I used the For You sentiment from little Box labels.

The victorian circle was inked up in versacolour Heliotrope and then I lightly touched the versacolour Boysenberry ink pad around the edges before stamping on white card. The image was lightly sponged with antique linen, distress ink, be careful to dab and not rub as the versacolour will smudge.

The circle image was mounted on the card, behind a frame of cream card. I cut the opening with a spellbinders die, and sponged with vintage linen. The I stamped a decorative corner from the Faux Fun set on two of the corners in heliotrope. A mini flower motif was stamped in boysenberry just to finish off the corners, a little stitching to finish and the whole lot mounted on a purple card base.



Phew! hope at least some of that tickles!

I will be back tomorrow for the last few samples before release! I will be posting later tomorrow, but go on ahead and pop over to the DT blogs in the morning, Bonnie and Jennifer will be sharing good stuff on Wednesday morning!!!

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I can't wait to get my hands on these stamps :)
    The heliotrope (what a delightful scent those flowers have!) is so perfect and I can see why you love this card so much. I do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I'm sold!! Claire, you are just so, so clever! Both these projects are absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - things are really expanding at the Mouse Claire! Your basket is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Claire!! The basket and card and over the top wonderful!! I'm excited about your templates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire, everything sounds so wonderful! Your card is absolutely beautiful--love it! The templates are a great idea too. Your little store is really growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire you must be some kind of genius! I love these little baskets... and since you are selling templates now I think you should also sell a selection of crunchie bars... how awful it is that I am now addicted to something not locatable in California! LOL! Truly this is amazing, I cant wait to see the full reveal of your sets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, you are really working hard! I love your things, they are just wonderful! Hugs, michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Claire! Looking forward to those templates!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...I'm in basket heaven. Another beautiful creation Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another REALLY COOL basket, Claire.
    Thank you so much for all you share

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O !!! I LOVE that Victorian circle!!! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, I can't wait to see what's next! I love the templates and the stamps and... all of it! Great job Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the basket is wonderfull (one for me when is possible) but the circle stamp is ..... Stupendo!!! (maybe stunning in english) Brava!!! ciao from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - now we get to drool over your templates as well as your stamps! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claire, you never cease to amaze me. This is one fabulous idea with the template and coordinating stamps, just perfect for spring. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my Claire! I love this basket too - and the stamping on it is just beautiful! The circle looks wonderful inside the cutout and with the pretty corner stamping - can't wait for those templates!!! I'll be making those to sell at church for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Claire
    I just love your card so much and the baskets are adorable I know I want the circle stamps sets just love them!

    Hugs Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are my hero. I will forever be in awe of your victorian circle card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love both baskets, Claire, the tags and the bows just make them so gorgeous!!
    I am just coming back from a visit to Germany and I took a set of your last release back to Egypt, that was stored at my father's house... it's now itching in my fingers, just need to find some time.... meanwhile I watch your new release... *sight* I am always a step behind..

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY!! I am so excited that you will be selling your templates. I love your amazing three kings template, and have loved looking at the baskets you made this month. I am so happy I can make some of my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love this Vintage Circle set! Claire, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!