Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2008

...couple more Christmas cards



I got a Scorpal from PapertreyInk - It's great - I haven't had a chance to really experiment with it yet - I'm dying to make all sorts of grids etc but I had a few moments the other evening to make a few cards and had an idea to use the Scorpal to make a star accent on a Christmas card.

I love all the fuss that surrounds Christmas and I go out of my way to make it extra special for the wee folk but I do like to take time out to think about the real reason for Christmas. With that in mind I made a card based on a little Bethlehem scene. I did two versions of it because I couldn't decide what layout I liked best and it was just as quick to make the two.

I cut out the wee town silhouette with a scalpel and put a wee spot of yellow paper behind the windows. Then used the scorpal to make the star and the radiating lines on one card and the star and a border on the other. Stamped Joy (from the Snowflake serenade PTI stampset) in white Ink. The cardstock is most likely from The Papermill Shop, my card supplies are a bit random at the moment - really need a good supplier - have ordered some from PTI but the shipping nearly made me cry...lol.

Think i like the first one best. Thanks for looking.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like both of these cards, but I like the first one best. I like your little town silouette. Do you have a pattern for that or did you draw it yourself? Really cute.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Claire, I'm just in jaw-dropping awe of your creativity. Both of these cards are FABULOUS...and I'm so happy to see Christmas cards that celebrate the true meaning of the season!

    I love the cut out silhouttes of the village...such a nice touch. Wonderful colors and your layout design is devine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you're already on Christmas Cards!! I need to be more like you! Jen
    www.stampbythelightofthemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How original and creative. You do love your Christmas cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful cards. The ScorPal is on my long list of things I want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again lovely cards. For a new stamper, you have a very confident, assured style. Like you,I also really like the PTI stamps, but so far the shipping (to France) has put me off ordering. However, sooner or later, I will have to gird my loins and order!!!! Then the dilemma is which to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, just a little aside, have at look at Joanna Sheen's website in the UK. She does really good prices for stuff (a lot of which will definitely not be to your taste!) but good for inks and tools. Best of all P&P is free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb! Wow, again. I LOVE the star from the Scor-Pal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire these cards are beautiful! You make it sound so casual that you just cut out the town! Amazing! :) Love the scored accents . . . ok I need to get that Scorpal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gawgeous! You did a beautiful job on these Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them both! You are so creative, I would never think of using my score pal that way. You rock Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Claire!! Fantastic cards!!! As always, your creations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ummmm WOW these are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Claire,

    I love the look of the layered image of your first card, not that your second card isn't awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Your ceativity constantly amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations ! - such beautiful cards. I also enjoyed the photos on your blog, I was raised in Co.Antrim and it was so good to see familiar places - there's nothing like the beauty of the Emerald Isle !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow - those are beautiful :) They are both fantastic. I love the scoring and the tiny Bethlehem - great focus on true Christmas. Thanks so much for the inspiration. Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!