Pages

Thursday 25 April 2013

...Store News Backordering facility reopens

Folks, due to many, many requests we are going to reopen the Backordering facility on the store - it will take me a day or two to reactivate this on all of the stamps, so please bear with me.

What this means is that we will be allowing the store to take orders for out-of-stock stamps once again. We used to allow this and it was very popular. We had to disable this facility for a while when we changed suppliers, but now that there is light at the end of the tunnel we are abe to open it once more.

I have to hold up my hand and admit that I have been a bit of a bottleneck, I had to rejig artwork to suit the new manufacturer and I was a little flabberghasted to discover that I have drawn over 130 stamp sets... all of which had to be re-jigged, on top of all of my other work, but I am nearly there!

The Notification system will continue to work and folks will still be notified once their desired item comes back into stock, but the backordering facility will give folks the option of being assured a set as soon as the stock comes in.

Also, folks who wish to avail of the free shipping offer may use the Backordering facility to add out-of-stock sets to their orders to help them qualify for free shipping. Please be aware of the following points when ordering an out-of-stock item:
  •  Out of stock items could take as long as 4-6 weeks to become available, although we anticipate being able to fulfill many items much earlier than this
  • The store will take payment at time of order so please be sure that you're ok with this
As a courtesy to folks who have waited so long, we aim to ship out in-stock items right away and follow up with backordered items as soon as they become available.

This courtesy will extend until June, by which time we should be completely back on track with out-of-stock items. From June onwards we will return to our standard procedure of holding orders until we can ship everything.

Please pop a comment here if you have any questions, I'll answer on this post, many thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!