Pages

Sunday 27 July 2008

...a wee note about Halloween.

Hi - Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my Blog hop lantern - I really love to hear your views. One lady wondered why I like Halloween so much and a couple of other folks asked if we celebrate Halloween here in Ireland.

Well, you might be surprised to know that Halloween originated in Ireland!!!! Yep - It's true - check out this link Halloween - Wikipedia.

When I was small there wasn't much going on in the way of organised celebrations but we cut lanterns out of turnips (pumpkins have only been widespread since I've been big!) and went trick or treating, dressed up in home made costumes.

Now, it's a major holiday with loads of organised events and plenty of shop costumes and accessories...and plenty of pumpkins!!

I like the fun element of it and we always have a party for the kids - I'm way to much of a scaredy cat to be interested in really scaring anyone.

NB - If you leave a question in the comments - I try to answer - but sometimes I can't track the person down if there's no email or contact - So If you asked me something and I didn't reply - please come back to me with a contact - Many thanks.

and an award

Wanted to say thank you to Michele of I am Derby for giving me an award - Michele has been really positive about my wee things - It's always good to hear from her and she has some pretty neat stuff over on her blog - check out her recent hummingbird cards - I can't figure out how she gets the ink like that.

I'm not going to pass it on just now because I'm still adding to my blogroll and have found a whole lot of sites recently that I'm adding links to, I can't choose!! I love them all - so what I'm saying really, is check out the links to other blogs in my sidebar - they're all good!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm so glad I came back & saw this post; I never knew that Halloween began there! How very interesting! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, :) I read them all and I appreciate you taking time to visit!